ADVERTISEMENT

Start of Summer visit

della

Dec 11, 2001
Hi Cats,

How is the team shaping up? Anything new on players or coaches?
Y'all want me to put a hex on any B1G team you don't like? It is past the full moon, but just barely.:p

Hi Cats,

Y'all want me to put a hex on any B1G team you don't like? It is past the full moon, but just barely.:p

Cats are expected to challenge for the Big 10 West title, return an experienced and deep team. The only real news is a starting DE, Xavier Washington, was arrested for possession of coke and immediately suspended. Coaches remain the same for like the 8th consecutive year. Construction on the new practice facility is in high gear and the indoor arena will be ready in October. You can see a construction cam here (it is right on Lake Michigan and is very impressive):

http://www.northwestern.edu/fm/proj.../ryan-fieldhouse-walter-athletics-center.html

Reactions: della
Hope springs eternal (for most of us) in Wildcat Nation, but this year might have the makings of a special season. A maturing Clayton Thorson, an established secondary, two graduate transfers who look like they can augment our receiving corps and o-line, and an experienced team in general, along with a somewhat forgiving schedule, has us conjuring visions of a 10-win season, a trip to the B1G conference title game, and other festivities.

Of course, the XWash situation was a dash of cold water, as we are, you know, Northwestern, and Northestern kids don't screw up--until they do. I hope XWash has a chance to finish his degree at NU. I don't care if he plays this year (would rather he not).

Please put a hex on Michigan, once and forever. Their fan base is odious, seeking mates in fern bars and thinking "maize" is a real color. They should all get eczema.

Cats are expected to challenge for the Big 10 West title, return an experienced and deep team. The only real news is a starting DE, Xavier Washington, was arrested for possession of coke and immediately suspended. Coaches remain the same for like the 8th consecutive year. Construction on the new practice facility is in high gear and the indoor arena will be ready in October. You can see a construction cam here (it is right on Lake Michigan and is very impressive):

http://www.northwestern.edu/fm/proj.../ryan-fieldhouse-walter-athletics-center.html

That is very impressive. Looks like you guy's have it going on. I will be pulling for you this Fall.

Reactions: rmndcat
orange_witch_by_tavisharts.jpg

Btw, I only have one color of hate (Crimson), so I can only put a hex on a red team. I should have mentioned it before the offer, sorry. The Badgers and "the" are doable.
However, order now, quantities are limited.:)

Reactions: Noah121 and rmndcat
Hey della; thanks for stopping by. How about you guys? How are the Vols shaping up?

orange_witch_by_tavisharts.jpg

Btw, I only have one color of hate (Crimson), so I can only put a hex on a red team. I should have mentioned it before the offer, sorry. The Badgers and "the" are doable.
However, order now, quantities are limited.:)

Well , as long as you are at it we we could get a group coupon for red teams let's not forget Indiana, Nebraska, Ohio state, Wisconsin, Maryland, and I think Bowling green oddly has red.

If you can take care of those teams and our team take care of half of the rest, it won't be bad season.

Hi Cats,

Ohio State. We hate Ohio State.

Or at least I do. And in my narrow and uncomprimising view of the world any purple blooded Wildcat fan should in his heart of hearts hate Ohio State like no other because they represent everything that is wrong about college football and their win at all costs mentality flies in the face of all that we stand for. They wear red too.

Reactions: CatsDad
Wouldn't the plural be " All y'all ?" In any event , I am curious as to the status of their Yute.
No. "You" is singular. "Y'all" is plural.

"All y'all" is very rarely used in my part of the South. It is only used when context of the sentence is unclear whether you are speaking to one member of a group or the entire group. The phrase is more commonly used in Coastal states like the Carolinas and Georgia. Those areas also have some limited use of "y'all" as a singular. But most Southernors find that abhorrent. Also annoying to the average Southernor is the phrase "you all" being used in place of "y'all." There are areas where that is used conversationally but not in my region.

Southern Illinois' iteration is You'ens for y'all. Never heard that one anywhere else.

Last edited:
No. "You" is singular. "Y'all" is plural.

"All y'all" is very rarely used in my part of the South. It is only used when context of the sentence is unclear whether you are speaking to one member of a group or the entire group. The phrase is more commonly used in Coastal states like the Carolinas and Georgia. Those areas also have some limited use of "y'all" as a singular. But most Southernors find that abhorrent. Also annoying to the average Southernor is the phrase "you all" being used in place of "y'all." There are areas where that is used conversationally but not in my region.[/QUOT

Thx for the clarification.

I overflew and circled the new facility last week. I took some pics to post but can't figure out how. Anywho, very impressive.

Hey della; thanks for stopping by. How about you guys? How are the Vols shaping up?

I think we should have a serviceable team. Tennessee suffered from injuries last year. I believe that we will be stronger and deeper. However, we have big question marks at QB and the secondary. I will say 9-10 wins.

Well , as long as you are at it we we could get a group coupon for red teams let's not forget Indiana, Nebraska, Ohio state, Wisconsin, Maryland, and I think Bowling green oddly has red.

If you can take care of those teams and our team take care of half of the rest, it won't be bad season.

You need to understand that true hate doesn't just grow on trees. I have a limited supply, but I assure you, it is one of the purest strains and highest qualities available.

I can't tell you how I produce it, just know it is a family recipe handed down for generations.

You need to understand that true hate doesn't just grow on trees. I have a limited supply, but I assure you, it is one of the purest strains and highest qualities available.

I can't tell you how I produce it, just know it is a family recipe handed down for generations.

We will try to stay on your good side.:)

Reactions: della
Some folks in western Pa. do something that's close to that, usually spelled phonetically as "you'ins."
I've seen it used in term papers over the years-- down here in Florida. Originally, I was surprised by it but now quite use to it.

and, Go Cats !!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT