ADVERTISEMENT

Stick a fork in us.

EvanstonCat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
We're done.

Have to give it up grudgingly to mikewebb who projected that the football program would be in a better place than our hoops program right about now.

Really was a shock to me.

Can't wait until spring football...

Like I feared a few weeks ago, last year will have to last us a little while longer. Lost season at a lost garbage arena. At least we have a new home next year to look forward to.

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan
Like I feared a few weeks ago, last year will have to last us a little while longer. Lost season at a lost garbage arena. At least we have a new home next year to look forward to.

Seriously, is the arena the reason why we blow this year?

I mean, what is it? I love Sanjay, but you can't tell me he's the whole difference between last year and the garbage we are seeing this year. WTF?

Not only are we bad, I am not too sure how much improvement we can expect next year.
We will be worse next year with BMac, Scottie, Ash and Skelly all graduating and we are left with the underperforming Falzon, Brown, the injured Rap, and new freshmen. But, anything is better than playing at AllState.

The Rosemont Horizon was guilty of involuntary programslaughter of the formerly great Depaul program. I am just thankful we will evacuate our bowels from its after a few months more of pig slop! I am hopeful we can turn it around next season in our new arena! New players=new hunger!!

We will be worse next year with BMac, Scottie, Ash and Skelly all graduating and we are left with the underperforming Falzon, Brown, the injured Rap, and new freshmen. But, anything is better than playing at AllState.
Doesn't Ash have one more year? Think he is a Jr

No, it's not the arena. I agree it is a small part. Who knows what the real reasons are, but it seems likely to be a combo of Tap and Lumpkin being more important than we thought, guys playing over their heads last season, the arena, hype/preparedness, and who knows.

Seriously, is the arena the reason why we blow this year?

I mean, what is it? I love Sanjay, but you can't tell me he's the whole difference between last year and the garbage we are seeing this year. WTF?
The Bears went 13-3 in 2001, made the playoffs, first round bye only to lose to the Eagles, the next year solider field was rebuilt, the bears played their home games at U of I and went 4 and 12. I have to think the stadium played some role in both cases. Hopefully NU bounces back quicker than the Bears

Reactions: mickbula
The Bears went 13-3 in 2001, made the playoffs, first round bye only to lose to the Eagles, the next year solider field was rebuilt, the bears played their home games at U of I and went 4 and 12. I have to think the stadium played some role in both cases. Hopefully NU bounces back quicker than the Bears

I think it was a small factor, but given that the Bears went 4-12, 6-10, and 5-11 in the three years before 2001 and then went 4-12, 7-9, 5-11 in the three years after, I think there were more issues with that roster than just the stadium.

We're done.

Have to give it up grudgingly to mikewebb who projected that the football program would be in a better place than our hoops program right about now.

Really was a shock to me.

Can't wait until spring football...

Not writing off the season yet, but agree it does not look great, and thanks for the compliment. Also appreciate your thoughtful input on Brown's potential replacement on the football board...

The Rosemont Horizon was guilty of involuntary programslaughter of the formerly great Depaul program. I am just thankful we will evacuate our bowels from its after a few months more of pig slop! I am hopeful we can turn it around next season in our new arena! New players=new hunger!!
Think DePaul's choice of coaches, after the Meyers had something to do wuth their demise along with WGN not being the only "super channel" and that they switched to the Big East Conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT