ADVERTISEMENT

Streaming the Cats

NUAlum78

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I am looking for my annual 3 month streaming package so I can keep up with NU from here in Atlanta. I am considering Vidgo, which has all the right channels, streams to 3 devices at once, and is $10 for the first month, $55 after that. But, since I have not heard of them prior to doing a little research today, I wanted to see if anyone else uses them or has better options. Last year I used Hulu, but they are up to $65+ per month now. Sling only allows one device at a time for my price point. I welcome any recommendations.

I haven't tried it, but the reviews point out that it doesn't have a DVR. You would be able to watch archived games through some of the network apps, I believe.

Reactions: NUAlum78
UTUBE TV gets you everything. I can't believe it isn't more popular.

Ok, so I'm in the same boat. Let go of Direct TV, have been TV-less since February. But football season is here. I really want to see the BTN Network throughout the season, and of course be able to watch NU games LIVE, preferably. Can I do all of that on UTUBE TV? Never heard of Vidgo. Open to whatever works, in the $50/month neighborhood.

I have YouTube TV. It’s great. Not the cheapest option and it doesn’t have the Marquee Network, but otherwise it is great. Hulu is great too.

Reactions: rmndcat
I have YouTube TV. It’s great. Not the cheapest option and it doesn’t have the Marquee Network, but otherwise it is great. Hulu is great too.
Who needs the Marquee Network these days? Another selling point of YouTube TV would be that you’re not giving that family any of your money.

Have had YouTubeTV for two years now, after giving DirecTV the chuck. YTV gives you most of the key sports nets, including the B1G Network (GO Cats!), plus the equivalent of a 1TB DVR.

I have zero complaints with the service.

How is YouTube TV with sharing? One of “my”devices just might tend to hang out predominantly at my sister’s house.

Reactions: mountaindrew
Only wrinkle you should be aware of is that Roku and Google are in a tiff right now. So you can't download the Youtube TV app onto a Roku device. If you already downloaded it, it will work fine. If you don't use Roku, this doesn't matter. For more info, see https://www.techhive.com/article/36...s-should-do-about-roku-losing-youtube-tv.html
OK, that explains why the directions said download the app but I couldn't find it since all my TVs are Roku-equipped. Easy enough to go to YouTube TV from the YouTube app, though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT