ADVERTISEMENT

Student sections ‘sell out’ for Iowa game within 2 minutes

NJcatsfan

Nov 21, 2004
Per InsideNU and Barstool. Absolutely crazy and awesome. Hope it’s the expanded offering — more students, more noise. Let’s hope this becomes a sports culture thing at Northwestern. Get creative in the future! Reward non-con attendance with priority access for B1G games. But I’m getting ahead of myself…and the team needs to keep winning & not fall off a cliff like they did after the First Dance season

More immediately, the athletic dept should give every unsold ticket to students for PSU/senior night (and frankly our fans should sell the place out…I mean, come on!)

Ticket office reserved 150 tickets for students who attended last night’s NU lacrosse game and another 150 for students who attend this weekend’s women’s basketball game, incentivizing them to support the non-revenue sports. Good idea. Keep getting creative.

Per InsideNU and Barstool. Absolutely crazy and awesome. Hope it’s the expanded offering — more students, more noise. Let’s hope this becomes a sports culture thing at Northwestern. Get creative in the future! Reward non-con attendance with priority access for B1G games. But I’m getting ahead of myself…and the team needs to keep winning & not fall off a cliff like they did after the First Dance season

More immediately, the athletic dept should give every unsold ticket to students for PSU/senior night (and frankly our fans should sell the place out…I mean, come on!)
Contact the big donors that have seats they are not using in Wilson Club area and get them to donate them back so more students could attend.. Could upgrade other fans if you want to put students elsewhere. Would get rid of those vacant seats and give other fans a chance to experience them while getting more students in. Win win

Contact the big donors that have seats they are not using in Wilson Club area and get them to donate them back so more students could attend.. Could upgrade other fans if you want to put students elsewhere. Would get rid of those vacant seats and give other fans a chance to experience them while getting more students in. Win win
I'd also always fill a Wilson Clubs seat if needed. I'm 1-0 this year when attending Wilson Club, so be sure to keep in mind that they're undefeated with me there!

They are set up to do this but as a Wilson Club ticket holder, I am never contacted. They should be sending us emails 2-3 days before every home game asking us to donate our tickets if we can’t attend. (I have been to every game this year). Go ‘Cats

NU announces the Iowa game is now fully sold out. It should be the mission of NU to have PSU sold out too, which would be 95% Northwestern fans. Given the size of the arena and the season we are having, it should not be hard to fill the damn place for senior night (hoping we have some guys punt their final senior night to next season)…give students every single unsold ticket, if there are any.

Ticket office reserved 150 tickets for students who attended last night’s NU lacrosse game and another 150 for students who attend this weekend’s women’s basketball game, incentivizing them to support the non-revenue sports. Good idea. Keep getting creative.
Smart. Hope they’re not doing the small version of the student sections for IA.

• Love
Reactions: drewjin
I'd happily give them back my seats in 108 if they gave me WC seats lol.
Exactly. Better to have the WC seats go to existing ST holders and then give the students seats around the student sections. Every one wins. If they donate those seats back, can they also get a tax deduction? Win Win Win

Reactions: Pasadena Bound
Love this. These teams also deserve support

Reactions: NJcatsfan
NU announces the Iowa game is now fully sold out. It should be the mission of NU to have PSU sold out too, which would be 95% Northwestern fans.
I just looked at the NU site for PSU, sales have picked up. The lower bowl is sold out and I would not be surprised if that game is also a sell out if NU continue to play well. Would be a rare predominantly 'Cat crowd. I am debating driving up for the game. Depends on the weather.

At the Women’s game today. Bumped into Big Matt watching from the shadows, but I’m not sure there are 150 people in the student sections. Maybe they’re scattered in the regular seats.

Maybe but 1200 out of 6500 is pretty intimidating. 2000 in 40K not so much
You are certainly right about making an impact on the game. I was just thinking that a lot of the really academic kids at NU don't have a real high value of attending live games. I was just thinking that if WR arena draws in more students as a fun rowdy time, over time it might build up the game day culture.

I just looked at the NU site for PSU, sales have picked up. The lower bowl is sold out and I would not be surprised if that game is also a sell out if NU continue to play well. Would be a rare predominantly 'Cat crowd. I am debating driving up for the game. Depends on the weather.
I’ve decided to fly in for PSU. Gotta salute these seniors

Reactions: GatoLouco and DaCat
And yes it looks like there are a few hundred seats left in the upper deck only for PSU. This team deserves a sold out purple arena on senior night. I almost wonder if the AD should “buy up” all the remaining seats and reserve them for students.

And yes it looks like there are a few hundred seats left in the upper deck only for PSU. This team deserves a sold out purple arena on senior night. I almost wonder if the AD should “buy up” all the remaining seats and reserve them for students.
Good call, NJ.

Reactions: phatcat
I was just thinking that if WR arena draws in more students as a fun rowdy time, over time it might build up the game day culture.

There are websites for prospective students that talk about "campus life" and "school atmosphere" and so on and on two of them that I was checking out, "attending football and basketball games" was marked down as one of the "fun things students do". So the culture is developing. I'm sorry, I didn't save a link.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT