ADVERTISEMENT

Suggestions on how to watch game this Saturday if not primary on BTN in my area

jensberg

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2006
BTN is showing the Indiana game in my area. I looked up on Big Ten plus and fox and neither one of them seem to be showing it either. Any thoughts on how to stream or watch this? Thanks

BTN is showing the Indiana game in my area. I looked up on Big Ten plus and fox and neither one of them seem to be showing it either. Any thoughts on how to stream or watch this? Thanks

If your TV provider offers BTN, you will be able to watch the game via foxsports.com or the FOX Sports app.

SportSurge and streaming sites like it are not legal, fyi.

I get to go to the game...again! I was hoping for a Trifecta with the Miami Hydroxide game, but that 630 start has led to a "chilled environment' at home about it

Reactions: StreamCat and DaCat
If your TV provider offers BTN, you will be able to watch the game via foxsports.com or the FOX Sports app.

Thanks for the advice. I do get BTN with my cable but when I looked up Fox sports schedule on the app it did not list the Northwestern game

You can also replay the game on BTN+ Saturday or Sunday if you can't watch it live. I think you have t buy a 1 month NU pass tough, which probably costs more than a StubHub ticket to the game ;)

Do you follow politics? If you're middle aged or older you might remember a journalist named Jack Germond. He was regular on the McLaughlin group, a crusty old cantankerous "old style" reporter with that old fashioned hat and suspenders thing going.

Anyway I remember him being interviewed elsewhere once and he was asked "Do you ever tell a lie and when?"

He had the best answer, with a chuckle and a shrug he said "Ehh, when it's harmless and necessary".

Make no mistake, I subscribe to BigTen Network at my USA house. Costs a pretty penny too!

But while technically illegal. there is no way to legal to subscribe without a US address. Can't even use a friends address if you want to be mister "super legal by the book". You are not giving your actualb address if you do that. And they don't take foreign credit cards, some people may not have USA credit cards (for 20 years I didn't). And even after all that an airport connection might not get you on. Or local issues.

If you can tell me how someone who wants to do it all "the right way" can watch NU games in Warsaw or Thailand or Madrid or Tel Aviv please go right ahead. You cannot and there will never be enough demand for it for obvious reasons to be shown on the local tv. Who the hell wants NU football in Burma?

So when should someone use sportsurge or one of the others?

When it's harmless and necessary.

And I sleep soundly, no Wildcats were hurt while in the production of this TV sportscast.

Life is too short!

I don't care if you use streaming sites or not, I'm just pointing something out. A US resident might want to use a VPN to access them, for example, or not use them at all, depending on their risk tolerance.

I don't care if you use streaming sites or not, I'm just pointing something out. A US resident might want to use a VPN to access them, for example, or not use them at all, depending on their risk tolerance.

Wouldn't the criminal aspect of this fall on the person illegally re-broadcasting someone else's broadcast?

Can't see how the viewer is at any risk.

It isn't like Napster where "downloaders" were essentially stealing music for their collections.

The game is on at Noon on the Big Ten Network. Also at Noon on the same ole BTN is Purdue vs Syracuse. On the TV guide for NY (and I do not know where jensberg is so I can only speak for myself) it only shows the Purdue vs Syracuse game as being shown, which is what I would suspect since a lot of kids from this area go to or went to Syracuse. I don't know of a single sports bar - maybe apart from Blondies in Manhattan - that has Big Ten TWO available so it's the laptop for me and many others. But again, perhaps for jenberg or others it will be different.

The game is on at Noon on the Big Ten Network. Also at Noon on the same ole BTN is Purdue vs Syracuse. On the TV guide for NY (and I do not know where jensberg is so I can only speak for myself) it only shows the Purdue vs Syracuse game as being shown, which is what I would suspect since a lot of kids from this area go to or went to Syracuse. I don't know of a single sports bar - maybe apart from Blondies in Manhattan - that has Big Ten TWO available so it's the laptop for me and many others. But again, perhaps for jenberg or others it will be different.

Well any bars that have DirecTV will have it, for starters, on channel 610-1.

In fact, most cable/satellite providers in NYC should have the NU game. Go here and enter your zip code and see what it gives you.

I get to go to the game...again! I was hoping for a Trifecta with the Miami Hydroxide game, but that 630 start has led to a "chilled environment' at home about it
Give 'em hell, phatty my boy.

I am in Phoenix. I have the Fox Sports app. I looked at their schedule and Northwestern is not on. Therefore I got fubo who will be showing the game

I don't know how they pre-populate their schedule but it'll be on there on Saturday.

I couldn't find it in my area on NY using the zip code either, but I was thinking of going to Blondies in Manhattan anyway depending on the weather and if I can hook up with some friends.

Looks like game is showing up on the FOX sports app now. On many smart tvs you can directly install ap that's what I'm doing or you can use a chromecast/fire stick to cast it from a phone to a TV.

Reactions: MotownMedilldo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT