ADVERTISEMENT

Sullivan the better QB at IA scrimmage?

I'm sure we'll see for ourselves when they take the field.
I believe we'll see m gronowski playing for nu Not this season but in 2025 fall for his last year of eligibility. Luhan will lure him to evanston to play for cats. He has redshirt and covid year left. That is my prediction that he'll be starting and not lausch. Tru nu will come up with enough money to make it happen

I believe we'll see m gronowski playing for nu Not this season but in 2025 fall for his last year of eligibility. Luhan will lure him to evanston to play for cats. He has redshirt and covid year left. That is my prediction that he'll be starting and not lausch. Tru nu will come up with enough money to make it happen

Are you sure he’ll have two years left? I was thinking just one to wear the Purple.

I think Sullivan's potential success at Iowa just affirms how many factors go into a QB actually developing and delivering - line play, skill positions, coaching and continuity, "fit" ... so much stuff. And then reasons or blame just depend on who you're asking.
Don't forget staying healthy. Prettty hard to be successful if you are hurt all the time

Ah, Comm Studies! I transferred into that major as temporary holding area when I left Engineering. Meant to transfer into something else. Never did. Most of the football team shared my major. (Found my way back to engineering in grad school.)

Sullivan (BA Communications), Tyus (BS Communications) and Gill (BA Communications) all got their NU degrees this past year.
At NU what is difference between BS and BA in Communications?

The BS is clearly harder and more prestigious.

(Sorry... being a science snob)
Just having a hard time understanding why they would need two of basically the same degrees and what might prompt the two. I actually really like Eastbay cats response

As a Communications Grad with a BS (was then called the School of Speech), the BAs from the School went to Theater Majors when I was there. The Arts! The Arts!

Reactions: hdhntr1
At NU what is difference between BS and BA in Communications?

It is not unusual to have a department that offers both BA and BS degrees that meet the needs of students with varied interests. There can be even more options at the graduate level.

Since the head coach (Ferentz) just took a suspension for recruiting violations when he got Cade McNamara to transfer from Michigan to Iowa, it should surprise no one that McNamara would be named the starter.

The suspension for Ferentz and the designation of McNamara as starter were nearly simultaneous.

Well, Sully will always have that University of Iowa degree to fall back on for the next 40 years.....
1. Sullivan got his degree.
2. Iowa is an excellent school.
3. All a Northwestern degree means as compared to an Iowa degree is that you were probably a better high school student.
4. Also, that your parents were rich.

The hardest part about NU are getting in —- and then paying for it.

It’s a bad look to trash excellent schools, such as the University of Iowa.

Relatedish:
I wouldn't say people here are trashing the University of Iowa.
However it is a fact that the NU degree generally carries significantly more weight to employers.
So, as I have always said, scholarship athletes who transfer out of Northwestern without getting their undergrad diploma (with some exceptions) were making a mistake career-wise. NIL changes that and reduces one of NU's advantages.

Sullivan got his diploma. Congratulations to him.
Like Ryan Young, Robbie Beran and many others who played, got their diploma and went somewhere else for grad school, I wish them the best.

However, I would not describe University of Iowa as an "excellent" university. Excellent is about as high as you can go. Excellent (to most people) means Top 10, Top 20, Top 25 maybe even Top 50 if you want to be generous. It costs about half of what Northwestern costs to attend. Plenty of talented kids go there - often because of their family economics. Iowa is a good value compared to many alternatives. But overall, University of Iowa doesn't measure up to Illinois, Purdue or Wisconsin, to name a few.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT