ADVERTISEMENT

Sullivan to Iowa

He’s dead to me. You don’t transfer to a rival. What a baby. He expected to be handed the starting job instead of earning it. Hope he goes out there and sucks.

We already knew you couldn’t really throw the ball, Brendan, you didn’t have to remind us with your new school selection.

He’s dead to me. You don’t transfer to a rival. What a baby. He expected to be handed the starting job instead of earning it. Hope he goes out there and sucks.

My stance has ALWAYS been that if a player graduates, then I have no hard feelings if they transfer. It's a reward for their hard work while pursuing their degree, the ideal of a student-athlete. It's why I cheer for Ryan Young but not Miller Kopp.

Sully earned his NU degree so he's not obligated to stick around if the coaches want to play mind games with him.

I hope that Sully wins the starting job and that we get a chance to sort it out on the field when we play Iowa in October.

My stance has ALWAYS been that if a player graduates, then I have no hard feelings if they transfer. It's a reward for their hard work while pursuing their degree, the ideal of a student-athlete. It's why I cheer for Ryan Young but not Miller Kopp.

Sully earned his NU degree so he's not obligated to stick around if the coaches want to play mind games with him.

I hope that Sully wins the starting job and that we get a chance to sort it out on the field when we play Iowa in October.

What “mind games” are you talking about?

The kid asked Braun if he was the #1 coming out of spring ball. Braun said Lausch is currently #1 and that we plan to bring in a transfer QB to compete. That was apparently enough for Sullivan to decide he was better off elsewhere, even if he isn’t the presumed starter.

Says a lot about the state of Iowa's football program if he is their answer at QB.
McNamera is their answer at quarterback.

No need to crap on somebody who played hard for us and got his degree. I’m sure he doesn’t feel that he was owed the job. I’m sure he feels he earned it. Clearly the coaching staff has other priorities. Wish him the best- just not against us.

So there’s a very high chance he will see at least some action against us. Blech. McNamara may be the only other scholarship QB on their roster?

Edit, they have a RS freshman who was a scholarship recruit

I don't really get this, even if it was predicted. Purportedly, he left because he wants to start. Does he have Intel that McNamara won't be ready? Because he will surely sit behind McNamara.

Head scratcher. Oh well.
Head-scratcher for whom? If Sully was told that Lausch jumped him, it makes sense for him to transfer. He already has his NU degree.

Are you saying it's a head-scratcher for Iowa (presumably because gocatsgo says he isn't very good)? Are you saying it's a head-scratcher for NU for purportedly demoting him below Lausch, running him off? To me, the latter is the head-scratcher.

Reactions: KappaKat
Head-scratcher for whom? If Sully was told that Lausch jumped him, it makes sense for him to transfer. He already has his NU degree.

Are you saying it's a head-scratcher for Iowa (presumably because gocatsgo says he isn't very good)? Are you saying it's a head-scratcher for NU for purportedly demoting him below Lausch, running him off? To me, the latter is the head-scratcher.
It’s a head scratcher because he’s going to Iowa to be a back up

Probably a state of Michigan connection between Sully and new Iowa OC Tim Lester, former HC at Western Michigan.

Guy who wants a guarantee that he’s a starter transfers to school where he’s clearly the backup. Head scratcher.

Guy who wants a guarantee that he’s a starter transfers to school where he’s clearly the backup. Head scratcher.
Well, if he reportedly was going to be the #3 at NU behind Lausch and unnamed savior Portal transfer, then moving up to clear #2 at another Big 10 school, behind a very injury-prone #1, offers much better prospects for playing time.

Well, if he reportedly was going to be the #3 at NU behind Lausch and unnamed savior Portal transfer, then moving up to clear #2 at another Big 10 school, behind a very injury-prone #1, offers much better prospects for playing time.
Guess so! Still thought he’d be looking for a clearer path, but maybe he always wanted to be a Hawkeye.

giphy.gif

I expected him to go to the MAC and be a quality starter in that league. But new OC, McNamara ain’t that good, and he’s *not* been told that he’s been passed, and Iowa City on Saturday is more fun than Kalamazoo on Tuesday.

I hope he’s second-team All Big Ten. I wonder if he’ll attend graduation at the UC next month.

Reactions: FeralFelidae

We didn’t run him off. We told him he got beaten out coming out of spring and that we were planning to bring in another transfer QB as competition, he decided to bail.

Reactions: No Chores
Or maybe Iowa sees something in him that gocatsgo and Lujan do not.
It’s a good deal for Iowa. Not often you can grab someone with some game experience to be your backup. They probably leveraged the existing relationship with the new OC. I’m gonna give Braun and Lujan the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong (we just landed our first A-list QB prospect in how long?).

We didn’t run him off. We told him he got beaten out coming out of spring and that we were planning to bring in another transfer QB as competition, he decided to bail.
Very stupid things to tell him if you want him to stay.

TBD. I’d expect we have an answer soon, even if it’s not a home run.

The Hawkeye folks feel that Sully was "the best available option remaining in the transfer portal," so if that's true, then that would mean that whoever NU brings in from the Portal will be a downgrade.

Not a wise trade.

• Wow
Reactions: IGNORE2

The Hawkeye folks feel that Sully was "the best available option remaining in the transfer portal," so if that's true, then that would mean that whoever NU brings in from the Portal will be a downgrade.

Not a wise trade.

Hawkeye folks are working really hard to convince themselves that it is a good thing to get Sully after he committed? I’m shocked!

• Haha
Reactions: DaCat and pnt16
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT