ADVERTISEMENT

Talk of Collins' recruiting needs to end until November

Max_Power

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
NU is in the hunt for Jones (former top 100, visited and loved it per Lou), Beran (top 100 and NU in final 4, already visited once on his own dime), Gultekin (final 4 or 5 and visiting). Roddy is still out there as well.

Also, NU is still in the hunt for Austin (NU in final four with Penn State, Duquesne and VCU and just tweeted "northwestern" this morning) or Deng (NU in final 12 but no recent update).

Collins could put together a very strong class with any combination of these guys.

NU is in the hunt for Jones (former top 100, visited and loved it per Lou), Beran (top 100 and NU in final 4, already visited once on his own dime), Gultekin (final 4 or 5 and visiting). Roddy is still out there as well.

Also, NU is still in the hunt for Austin (NU in final four with Penn State, Duquesne and VCU and just tweeted "northwestern" this morning) or Deng (NU in final 12 but no recent update).

Collins could put together a very strong class with any combination of these guys.

Yes he could. I’m following each of these visits with keen interest.

The margin of error is small, though. I wonder if Collins will take 4 or 5 freshmen. My guess is if 4 more from this batch of offers want to commit, he will go for it. Otherwise, barring another obvious late-riser (think Mark Smith a short time ago), he takes a total of 4, plus a grad transfer.

Getting Maceo Austin in addition to Buie would be awesome. He is visiting today and tomorrow. Per his Twitter, he wants to commit on his birthday, Oct. 4.

Yes he could. I’m following each of these visits with keen interest.

The margin of error is small, though. I wonder if Collins will take 4 or 5 freshmen. My guess is if 4 more from this batch of offers want to commit, he will go for it. Otherwise, barring another obvious late-riser (think Mark Smith a short time ago), he takes a total of 4, plus a grad transfer.

Getting Maceo Austin in addition to Buie would be awesome. He is visiting today and tomorrow. Per his Twitter, he wants to commit on his birthday, Oct. 4.

I think Jones and Roddy are more traditional power forwards even though Roddy is arguably a tweener while Beran and Gultekin are more SF with good height.

I like Austin's game as well at the two or lead guard position. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Deng reminds me a lot of Scottie Lindsey with more length.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT