ADVERTISEMENT

Ten Questions: 2. What will Zach Lujan's offense look like?

I have a lot of confidence in Lujan as a guy who fits scheme to personal, mixes in a lot of looks, stays on top of modern ways of playing offense, and developing his QBs and calling the game in a way that helps them. My big question is definitely just in his experience as he’s matched up with some very experienced and equally smart defensive playcallers and how he handles losing a lot more personnel matchups, taking away bigger chunks of his playbook than he’s used to.

If our offensive line can be even mediocre this year I have every confidence he’ll be able to get the ball in the hands of our many weapons quite a lot of different ways.

I have a lot of confidence in Lujan as a guy who fits scheme to personal, mixes in a lot of looks, stays on top of modern ways of playing offense, and developing his QBs and calling the game in a way that helps them. My big question is definitely just in his experience as he’s matched up with some very experienced and equally smart defensive playcallers and how he handles losing a lot more personnel matchups, taking away bigger chunks of his playbook than he’s used to.

If our offensive line can be even mediocre this year I have every confidence he’ll be able to get the ball in the hands of our many weapons quite a lot of different ways.
I hope lujan and Co. Kick some ass for the foreseeable future. I fear though he'll wind up head coach material soon. But if we make a bunch of bowl games/wins...I wish him well. I hope Braun gets another rising star then!

I hope lujan and Co. Kick some ass for the foreseeable future. I fear though he'll wind up head coach material soon. But if we make a bunch of bowl games/wins...I wish him well. I hope Braun gets another rising star then!
If Lujan becomes D1 head coach material within a few years of starting at NU, it will mean his tenure will have been VERY successful and we’ll probably have done some pretty awesome things in the meantime. Lujan is not really on a national HC type radar yet, so this would be a big jump.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT