ADVERTISEMENT

The B1G looks to be a very tight race this year.

stpaulcat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
St. Paul
Who can NU beat and who will NU likely lose to?--as to the latter, I'd say Illinois, Purdue (away). Indiana, Wisconsin. I predict NU to finish in the middle of the pack--unless they have another stellar season--the possibilty is there!

I think NU is in the top 5. Illinois is dangerous and very athletic. Purdue is Zach Edey and a mediocre cast. Indiana has a skilled big man and several skilled wings. Wisconsin is okay but no one on that team scares me. Nebraska is the wild card but the rest of the teams in the big team are mediocre. I seen NU is a top 5 team in the big ten

Reactions: drewjin
I would think we're in the top 5, mostly because of experience. We have a smart team that has learned a lot of lessons along the way, which translates to finding ways to win. For example when Boo fouled out the Purdue guard by veering in front of him while dribbling upcourt. Or in how he uses his non-shooting hand on a dribble drive. He's not the only one who is dialled in. Berry, Langborg, Barnhizer are similarly opportunistic - and street smart.

Also, the scouting and in-game coaching seems to be very, very good. And for the first time in a long time we have a lot of good shooters.

I would think we're in the top 5, mostly because of experience. We have a smart team that has learned a lot of lessons along the way, which translates to finding ways to win. For example when Boo fouled out the Purdue guard by veering in front of him while dribbling upcourt. Or in how he uses his non-shooting hand on a dribble drive. He's not the only one who is dialled in. Berry, Langborg, Barnhizer are similarly opportunistic - and street smart.

Also, the scouting and in-game coaching seems to be very, very good. And for the first time in a long time we have a lot of good shooters.
And right around 90 points scored in each of the last three games.

Reactions: Hkjb
Conference is not as strong this year with only at Purdue and at ILLinois looking like sure losses. NU has enough opportunities to be upper half and in the Tourney for year 2. Win vs Az State would be a good road win.

Reactions: Alvious
Really good teams do not lose games like tonight. Middle of the pack B1G, at most. Sad, they were not prepared tonight.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
Purdue lost to FDU last year. FDU wasn't supposed to be in the tournament. Only got an exception because Merrimack was ineligible. It happens.

How NU bounces back the next two games is important.

Jackson St will be tough. Another street ball type of team.

Michigan State starting to look like the team they should be with these players.

I’m rooting for Purdue to get back to #1 so NU can knock them off again. A boy can dream.

Reactions: DaCat
Ohio State handled UCLA on a neutral court. Michigan State annihilated an undefeated Baylor team in East Lansing. Indiana gave Kansas a good battle down in Bloomington. Purdue played well and took out undefeated Arizona.

Iowa, Michigan, Rutgers all easily won home games against weak opponents.

Only Penn State lost - home game vs Georgia Tech in OT.

Very good day for the Big Ten.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT