ADVERTISEMENT

The parking situation

Yeah I was, and it was empty because the team was awful. Just like the old W-R was empty most years because the team was awful. But it was a hell of a lot nicer sitting in the new building to watch bad basketball.
And if they get the stadium construction done, the team on the field will likely be a lot more awful than what we saw in BB

Today I was advised I no longer qualify for my season parking after 35 years of season tix. The embarrassing actions of the leadership have made this an easy but regrettable decision.
With a bunch of people being moved up, that seems odd. Might want to check in with them

Last edited:
With a bunch of people being move up, that seems odd. Might want to check in with them
After hosting coaches for golf and sitting thru 0-31 back in the day, I guess I just wasn’t willing to pay $3k for the current administration

Who knows. They may be desperate to get people to come back so the change their system again, They no longer have upper hand
I am wondering if they EVER sold their full allocation to the premier lots. Opening it up to the lower peons just devalues the spot and ultimately it could be financially advantageous to just to keep them empty until the money rolled in.

+1 on original notification that I was headed for the hospital garage, and yesterday confirmed I've made it to the Big Dance (West Lot).

Now I actually find myself terrified at how many STH's had to drop out this season for me to get there, and the state of the program is actually making my stomach hurt.

After hosting coaches for golf and sitting thru 0-31 back in the day, I guess I just wasn’t willing to pay $3k for the current administration
Probably wouldn't have taken $3k but would have taken something. No parking or no parking in E W lots? I would think you have a number of points. But they have gone to a "What have you done for me lately" model

Last edited:
Today I received my requested refund for season tickets. Since 1995. I’m out.

I had already only gone twice last season and the secondary market won’t make up the difference this season.

I had already only gone twice last season and the secondary market won’t make up the difference this season.
Good for you!

That was my initial reaction too. Then I thought about the players that stuck this shitstorm out and changed my mind. I will bail when this group matriculates or when Schill and Gragg are replaced.

Good for you!

That was my initial reaction too. Then I thought about the players that stuck this shitstorm out and changed my mind. I will bail when this group matriculates or when Schill and Gragg are replaced.
Why would you bail once Gragg and Schill replaced? I would think that would bring you back.

Reactions: ricko654321

Sad to see

+1 on original notification that I was headed for the hospital garage, and yesterday confirmed I've made it to the Big Dance (West Lot).

Now I actually find myself terrified at how many STH's had to drop out this season for me to get there, and the state of the program is actually making my stomach hurt.
Going to be a rough go of it until we get a winning product back on the field.

Partially why I think the stadium rebuild has to get done over the next 2-3 years. If we're going to be off-campus for 2 seasons, might as well do it when attendance is at a nadir and try to get the football product back to something presentable over the next 2-3 years.

Fitz's 2nd season was at under 25k attendance. 2022 was at 28.7k, 2021 was at 30.8k.

I think 23-24k is probably where attendance will be this year coming off a 1-11 season and Fitz's firing. Iowa at Wrigley will probably be our highest attendance game. Penn State might be the only game otherwise that breaks 30k.

All we can do is hope that there's light at the end of the tunnel as with basketball which finally got to fill the renovated arena and experience what an incredible atmosphere that could be. Just hope it doesn't mean we have to wait 7-8 years from now for that experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: hdhntr1
Going to be a rough go of it until we get a winning product back on the field.

Partially why I think the stadium rebuild has to get done over the next 2-3 years. If we're going to be off-campus for 2 seasons, might as well do it when attendance is at a nadir and try to get the football product back to something presentable over the next 2-3 years.

Fitz's 2nd season was at under 25k attendance. 2022 was at 28.7k, 2021 was at 30.8k.

I think 23-24k is probably where attendance will be this year coming off a 1-11 season and Fitz's firing. Iowa at Wrigley will probably be our highest attendance game. Penn State might be the only game otherwise that breaks 30k.

All we can do is hope that there's light at the end of the tunnel as with basketball which finally got to fill the renovated arena and experience what an incredible atmosphere that could be. Just hope it doesn't mean we have to wait 7-8 years from now for that experience.
I predict 19-22K average, excluding the Wrigley game. Most of our opponents don't travel well. UTEP, Howard, Maryland, Purdue will be very poorly attended. Penn State and Minnesota might be slightly less empty.

Caterwauling, great word. I’ll confess that I had to consult the dictionary for its meaning. (Five Hail Mary’s and five Our Father’s as penance) Surprising given the root that no one on this board uses it for their screen name.
We should have a “Caterwauler of the Year Award”. So many to choose from! 😂

Reactions: No Chores
I predict 19-22K average, excluding the Wrigley game. Most of our opponents don't travel well. UTEP, Howard, Maryland, Purdue will be very poorly attended. Penn State and Minnesota might be slightly less empty.
Yeah schedule is a nightmare for this and I agree with your expectations.

Would have been low regardless (say none of the Fitz stuff happens and I still would have expected something under 27k, maybe as low as 25-26k, given the 11 losses last year and the teams coming to town).

Reactions: hdhntr1
Yeah schedule is a nightmare for this and I agree with your expectations.

Would have been low regardless (say none of the Fitz stuff happens and I still would have expected something under 27k, maybe as low as 25-26k, given the 11 losses last year and the teams coming to town).
Just look at the ST cancellations and you know that it will be at least 5K per game less than with Fitz. And in order for people to be upgraded to E W lots have to figure that many were long time ST holders so a lot that we are unaware of. With the lousy schedule and the likely questionable product on the field, could it be as much as 10K per game less?

Reactions: zeek55
Just look at the ST cancellations and you know that it will be at least 5K per game less than with Fitz. And in order for people to be upgraded to E W lots have to figure that many were long time ST holders so a lot that we are unaware of. With the lousy schedule and the likely questionable product on the field, could it be as much as 10K per game less?
Wouldn't surprise me at all given the schedule as well as the Fitz firing.

Iowa will show out for the Wrigley game, and I'd expect "decent" attendance for Penn State (given they're top 10 so should travel well given high expectations but they've never traveled to the Midwest as well as say Ohio State/Michigan) and maybe Minnesota, but yeah it's going to be disastrously empty.

I was in the stands throughout the last nadir (2007 and 2009) and suffice it to say... it will be worse than that.

Wouldn't surprise me at all given the schedule as well as the Fitz firing.

Iowa will show out for the Wrigley game, and I'd expect "decent" attendance for Penn State (given they're top 10 so should travel well given high expectations but they've never traveled to the Midwest as well as say Ohio State/Michigan) and maybe Minnesota, but yeah it's going to be disastrously empty.

I was in the stands throughout the last nadir (2007 and 2009) and suffice it to say... it will be worse than that.
Only time worse was 2020 and needless to say it was empty

There are people walking away from NU football because they liked Pat Fitzgerald and feel he was treated horribly by a couple of clowns who have no real ties to NU.

There are people walking away from NU football because they view the program as tainted and cannot support it.

There are people walking away from NU football because they are embarrassed by a scandal that they don't really understand and don't want to be associated with anything that is getting bad press.

There are people walking away from NU football because the team has been bad the last few years.

I doubt there are many people who are saying "Great! NU football finally has its act together, when can I go to a game?!?!"

Reactions: zeek55 and hdhntr1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT