ADVERTISEMENT

The Perfect TS Article

Thanks for that link Glide. I have to admit while I found it an interesting read, I didn't understand it very well.
Some poor bast*rd input several years worth of yardage gains and drive results for every play in every NFL game of every year on a play-by-play basis by ball carrier, passer, or receiver. They then took this enormous input and spent probably weeks making it generate an absolute mountain of almost completely worthless numbers.

You know... stats.

Gotta love it.

It was interesting, especially the confirmation that TS is a stud.

Currently the poll at the bottom of the article has 70% of participants voting yes to TS becoming an elite qb.

Fun read. Great to see TS in very good company. I think he will be a good starter for years to come.

At some point this thread will devolve into a discussion about Kain Colter and my head will explode.

Now Jack, don't give people extra incentive.;)

Just like Trevor in his time at NU, his performance in Denver is highly underrated.

Some poor bast*rd input several years worth of yardage gains and drive results for every play in every NFL game of every year on a play-by-play basis by ball carrier, passer, or receiver. They then took this enormous input and spent probably weeks making it generate an absolute mountain of almost completely worthless numbers.

You know... stats.

Gotta love it.
This is basically how run expectancy and win probabilities were determined for baseball. The statistical models developed have proven to be quite valuable in rooting out individual contributions to team success.

The hard part is the predictive value of it all. Baseball has aging curves, which have some use, but no one has cracked the code.

In other words, it is really hard to predict the future.

This is basically how run expectancy and win probabilities were determined for baseball. The statistical models developed have proven to be quite valuable in rooting out individual contributions to team success.

The hard part is the predictive value of it all. Baseball has aging curves, which have some use, but no one has cracked the code.

In other words, it is really hard to predict the future.
But it is fun for us nerds to try. The commonality between jocks and nerds is stats. We love them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT