ADVERTISEMENT

This game was lost in the first 16 minutes

TheC

May 29, 2001
The one silver lining from this game is that it looked like the Cats woke up during this game. After sleepwalking through the first two games and what appeared to be the beginning of this one, the intensity finally started to pick up just before the end of the first half. It continued in the second, but by that point guys were in foul trouble and the margin for error was too small. Hopefully, the level of play in the second half will continue going forward and we'll start to see improvement.

The one silver lining from this game is that it looked like the Cats woke up during this game. After sleepwalking through the first two games and what appeared to be the beginning of this one, the intensity finally started to pick up just before the end of the first half. It continued in the second, but by that point guys were in foul trouble and the margin for error was too small. Hopefully, the level of play in the second half will continue going forward and we'll start to see improvement.

I agree. I do believe that the Falzon injury has hurt as well. The team spent the off season assuming a lineup that changed just before the season started. They have seemed "out of sync" to me. I think the comeback helped forge some chemistry that will pay dividends in the future.

We also lost two key players (including the so called "Glue Guy") and a key assistant coach. The team will find its MOJO.

This is a long season, and three games in, our "stars" have performed well. We need the role players and bench to make the most of their opportunities, and expect the staff will ensure that happens.

Go Cats.

I agree. I do believe that the Falzon injury has hurt as well. The team spent the off season assuming a lineup that changed just before the season started. They have seemed "out of sync" to me. I think the comeback helped forge some chemistry that will pay dividends in the future.

We also lost two key players (including the so called "Glue Guy") and a key assistant coach. The team will find its MOJO.

This is a long season, and three games in, our "stars" have performed well. We need the role players and bench to make the most of their opportunities, and expect the staff will ensure that happens.

Go Cats.
Definitely need a healthy Falzon, which then strengthens the bench with the addition of Skelly. Either Brown or Gaines, or both are going to need to step up to give Mac and Lindsey some bench time. Doesn't look like Rap will a big contributor this season but I think Benson will be fine in a back-up role. That is a pretty nice 9 man rotation going forward.

Definitely need a healthy Falzon, which then strengthens the bench with the addition of Skelly. Either Brown or Gaines, or both are going to need to step up to give Mac and Lindsey some bench time. Doesn't look like Rap will a big contributor this season but I think Benson will be fine in a back-up role. That is a pretty nice 9 man rotation going forward.

Agreed- when Falzon is back, assuming a healthy team, we should be able to go 9 deep (McIntosh, Lindsey, Law, Falzon, Pardon, Benson, Brown, Skelly, and Gaines). Getting some more minutes from the bench consistently will be important, but going nine deep is definitely enough. Disappointing that Rap hasn't come along as we had hoped, but based on bodies alone, that's enough to go with all year. And with Pardon, Benson, and Skelly, I think we have enough big bodies as well, but still need to get Pardon's fouls down.

I think Creighton will turn out to be a really good team this year when it's all said and done. Especially their offense, they have a lot of weapons and can score in bunches. Playing them at their best - couldn't miss in the first half - didn't help either. Hopefully we'll be fine, but we have several areas that need improvement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT