ADVERTISEMENT

This is the offense I hope for

Great article on UDub and their coaches. Have won with offense at every level. How coaching partnership of Washington’s Kalen DeBoer, Ryan Grubb landed Huskies in CFP

https://theathletic.com/5162823/202...deboer-ryan-grubb/?source=user_shared_article

“The common thread to success, which shouldn’t be a stunner to football fans, is having a quarterback and an offensive line that can execute their incorporated scheme each season.”

It’s also pretty fascinating to me that the play discussed as critical in the piece is an extremely creative misdirection… run play. ;)

“The common thread to success, which shouldn’t be a stunner to football fans, is having a quarterback and an offensive line that can execute their incorporated scheme each season.”

It’s also pretty fascinating to me that the play discussed as critical in the piece is an extremely creative misdirection… run play. ;)
Always need to have both. Even Air Coryell’s offenses (not to mention the prolific spread offenses under Wilson and Dunbar) had a heavy dose of running to go with the passing. They complement each other. That's why the Chargers had Chuck Muncie run for a ton of yards and we had DA2 go over 2K and mighty mouse (Tyrell Sutton) had 200 yard rushing games for us.

Reactions: drewjin
It all starts with the o-line. Have a good o-line and you can run the ball and throw downfield pass routes. Have a lousy o-line and you won't be good even if you have A-level skill people. The classic illustration was Walter Payton, who averaged barely 3 yards a carry his rookie season because the Bears' o-line stunk at that point.

The Ohio States and Alabamas win because they scoop up a lot of the highly rated bigs on the lines.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT