ADVERTISEMENT

This W To Me

Jonny2TheP

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2007
Des Moines, IA
As @IAWildcat79 and @BlackRobeCat can attest, there’s something about living in Iowa and beating the Hawkeyes. Nothing in this state is the recipient of more universal passion than Iowa football. Beating them brings me great joy.

Love this NU team. All the wins are great and fun, but this one is always just a little sweeter.

Cheers! 🍻

It was worth it for all of the Iowa-centric campaign ads. Fortunately we’re done with those now (at least most of us).

Reactions: MRCat95
As @IAWildcat79 and @BlackRobeCat can attest, there’s something about living in Iowa and beating the Hawkeyes. Nothing in this state is the recipient of more universal passion than Iowa football. Beating them brings me great joy.

Love this NU team. All the wins are great and fun, but this one is always just a little sweeter.

Cheers! 🍻
In 2016, my now wife brought me to a wedding in Iowa on the day of the NU @ Io_a game, which we won 38-31. I distinctly remember following the score up until the minute the ceremony started, then immediately checking the score as soon as it was over. Wore my purple tie, and the groom (graciously) made a comment about it at the reception. Also wore my purple hoodie the next morning in the io_a hotel lobby. Great memory!!!

Cheers! 🍻
Great points. Sounds almost as if you were from Ohio.

I did enjoy this game surrounded by 4 Hawkeye fans.
Funny anecdote- local sports talk radio has a bit called “details for a detail” where you describe what will happen in the Hawks game, and the person closest with their prediction. I called in knowing some Hawkeye fan friends were listening and said the Cats front 7 would not let the Hawks run the ball and the Cats would once again come away with a “W” at Kinnick. As usual. As I was the only caller predicting a Cats victory(24-17) I not only got to haze my buddies, but am getting a free detail for the efforts. A big thanks to the football team for my soon-to-be clean car!

I did enjoy this game surrounded by 4 Hawkeye fans.
Funny anecdote- local sports talk radio has a bit called “details for a detail” where you describe what will happen in the Hawks game, and the person closest with their prediction. I called in knowing some Hawkeye fan friends were listening and said the Cats front 7 would not let the Hawks run the ball and the Cats would once again come away with a “W” at Kinnick. As usual. As I was the only caller predicting a Cats victory(24-17) I not only got to haze my buddies, but am getting a free detail for the efforts. A big thanks to the football team for my soon-to-be clean car!

Well done, sir!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT