ADVERTISEMENT

Time for Thorson to step up for his his team !

xxjfgxx

Jan 7, 2012
Clayton Thorson has the opportunity Saturday to step up and WIN a big game for his team, and yes this is a critical game for the cats if they have any hope of having a good season and making it to the BigTen Championship game. As Fitz says, the goal is to win Championships. Even the really good teams need their veteran QB to win a couple games for the team, especially on the road against a key division rival. Thorson's got the big stage Saturday and this game will show us what he really is. Let's hope he's a stud and not a dud! Go Cats!

We also need the defense to make some stops. It's going to be a long day if every Wisconsin drive is a 6-minute sequence of runs capped with a touchdown.

You are both correct. Thorson is going to have to be a big-time player, both with his arm and with his legs.

But NU's defense needs to get off the field on third downs, too. My fear is Wisconsin will get into 3rd and shorts and convert every time until the defense is gassed and they pull away.

Time for xxjfgxx to step up for his his thread.. Such a hack job.

Thorson has already shown what he can do if he's given time.
This. I've seen enough to know that Thorson will deliver if the OL gives him time. It's time for the starting 5 to emerge and show us if they're truly Big Ten caliber.

This. I've seen enough to know that Thorson will deliver if the OL gives him time. It's time for the starting 5 to emerge and show us if they're truly Big Ten caliber.
Let the experiment come to it's conclusion! :)

If he has time everyone is good. When you play teams like this you need to be a playmaker. The coaches need to let him do that. Let's see what he's got.

If he has time everyone is good. When you play teams like this you need to be a playmaker. The coaches need to let him do that. Let's see what he's got.

You have no idea what you are talking about. There are plenty of QBs out there who have no idea what a defense is doing even if you give them 4-5 seconds to figure it out. The good ones will beat you with time. The great ones will find a way to beat you even without it. Dan Persa during his junior year was a great quarterback. Thorson has proven himself to be a very good QB who needs to prove he is a great one.

Last edited:
You have no idea what you are talking about. There are plenty of QBs out there who have no idea what a defense is doing even if you give them 4-5 seconds to figure it out. The good ones will beat you with time. The great ones will find a way to beat you even without it. Dan Persa during his junior year was a great quarterback. Thorson has proven himself to be a very good QB who needs to prove he is a great one.

Anyone that says anything about Thor son gets turned into a argument with you. Go away daddy. All I said is he will need to be a playmaker the next two days. Relax.

Anyone that says anything about Thor son gets turned into a argument with you. Go away daddy. All I said is he will need to be a playmaker the next two days. Relax.

Did you just call him "daddy?" That's... weird.

Ok troll. You said any quarterback is good when he has time. That's just not true and I called you on it. All you have to do is watch a few football games this Saturday and Sunday to figure that out.

I am hoping that CThor can catch the Bacher-bug such that Clayton can have a game like Bacher had against MSU. That was his junior year I think where he threw for almost 600 yards and we won the game in overtime. That was the best QB performance I have ever seen and I have been going to games since 83'. I think we wound up only 6-6 that year and didn't go to a bowl. It was Fitz's second year as HC (I think). I remember watching that game on BTN this past summer as a NU classic. Of course, I hope we wind up better than 6-6 this year and I hope to go see a bowl game. But gosh, I hope we win this game too. If CThor is indeed a legit first-round NFL pick to be, games like this one Sat. against Wisc will be where CT defines himself as elite.

If you watched the Bears game last night you say plenty of proof that there are starting QBs out there who are not good no matter how much time they are given to throw. In my opinion accuracy and mobility are the two most important traits for a QB and Mike Glennon has neither. The Cats are my only hope to make my football weekend tolerable. Let's hope that Clayton has time and proves the doubters wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT