ADVERTISEMENT

TJ Green?

That was a much better answer than "no" or "wrong."

I enjoyed it. Thanks.

Though I don't agree entirely with the analogy.

I think Smith is a far better passer and more accomplished (at the HS level) than Oliver was. I'm not sure what to think of Smith, but I don't think he was as productive as Alviti at the HS level, and I think while the analogy on Marty is a bit more on the mark, he is ahead of Thorson development wise. Probably, I put too much emphasis on HS production.

Yes.

Didn’t mean to start such a personal debate with the Graham question. What an amazing, accomplished person.

Anyway, none of this debate matters. Clayton is going to have his surgery and be back in 5 or 6 months. I’m the only sibling in our family who hasn’t torn an ACL. The most recent tear (my older bro) took 5 months after surgery to heal and he was back to full speed on the b-ball court. Of course not everyone is the same and football is much more physical, but I am keeping the faith for Clayton.

Please keep working on plan B for Fitz and co, but keep it civil, won’t you?

Well if I’m not mistaken sport athlete wise Adrian Peterson has come back the quickest at 9 months from ace tear. So I think I’ll go by that timetable and not ur siblings

usa-today-8959125.0.jpg

Is Louisiana Tech P5? Is George Blanda still alive? Are the old stories about Y.A. Tittle still as cool sounding today? Has QB development and recruiting changed at all since Staubach was at Navy?

Boring

I cannot believe I just read through this entire thread. The infatuation with Green is somewhat comical. Just another in a long line of message board messiahs. If his name was Brown or White and were he not related to a former NFL QB, I doubt he’s even in this discussion. We’re not talking about Brian Griese here (another walk-on QB with an NFL pedigree). I’d be shocked if Green were to start over either Marty or Smith.

Reactions: NUCat320
I cannot believe I just read through this entire thread. The infatuation with Green is somewhat comical. Just another in a long line of message board messiahs. If his name was Brown or White and were he not related to a former NFL QB, I doubt he’s even in this discussion. We’re not talking about Brian Griese here (another walk-on QB with an NFL pedigree). I’d be shocked if Green were to start over either Marty or Smith.

C’mon CSC. It’s a message board. If you don’t find illogical man crush threads like this one, the posters aren’t doing their jobs.

Reactions: DaCat
I think it's more like Matt Danielson

Thank God for Turk and EvanstonCat - what would we do without them?

Please, all I said is he is legit and a candidate to win. I don't see why it's so difficult for people to get that. I still think Marty is the most likely front-runner.

What if his name was Purple? He'd be a the NU Messiah then , right?
Couldn't read the whole thread and not post anything. This probably killed it. :D

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Flacco also started at Pitt and transferred to Delaware so not sure I understand the point in this context
Figured I'd toss this out to remind Bears fans of something else they would like to forget. Flacco never got a serious shot at Pitt because he was there at the same time as a kid named Tyler Palko. Palko's father was the head coach at a strong local HS football program, and the Pitt head coach wanted to keep the recruiting line open more than he wanted an actual competition for the QB job. The decision ended up costing him a lot of wins and, ultimately, his job.

The coach who made that decision was Dave Wannstedt.

Figured I'd toss this out to remind Bears fans of something else they would like to forget. Flacco never got a serious shot at Pitt because he was there at the same time as a kid named Tyler Palko. Palko's father was the head coach at a strong local HS football program, and the Pitt head coach wanted to keep the recruiting line open more than he wanted an actual competition for the QB job. The decision ended up costing him a lot of wins and, ultimately, his job.

The coach who made that decision was Dave Wannstedt.
He also threw a weak-@ss hail mary pass at the end of the first half against the Bears which ultimately beat them 10-3 - Urlacher tipped it right to a Chiefs receiver instead of just catching it, if memory serves me correctly.

Also - in fairness to Wanny, Palko was very highly regarded coming out of high school, it's not like he went with some schlub just due to his high school connections.

Reactions: PaCat
Please, all I said is he is legit and a candidate to win. I don't see why it's so difficult for people to get that. I still think Marty is the most likely front-runner.
You wouldn't know him if he was sitting across from you right now and i am sure you have never seen him play football other than highlight tapes. The only reason you think he "is legit" and "a candidate to win" is because of who his dad is and then you extrapolate that against his high school statistics.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
You wouldn't know him if he was sitting across from you right now and i am sure you have never seen him play football other than highlight tapes. The only reason you think he "is legit" and "a candidate to win" is because of who his dad is and then you extrapolate that against his high school statistics.

Well, that and the fact that he was actually third string ahead of Smith.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT