ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Fuessel??

I have no inside info but at this point I doubt that this guy will ever take the field for NU. Based on the returning scholarship players from last year and the 20 signees from this class, we are at 87 total scholarship players for next year. That is two over the limit so I think we'll soon hear about a couple of kids on the roster that won't be playing going forward . My guess is that Fuessel will announce his retirement due to medical issues and will be moved onto a non athletic scholarship. Its too bad because I think the kid could have been really good.

This post was edited on 2/6 7:47 AM by corbi296

Originally posted by corbi296:
I have no inside info but at this point I doubt that this guy will ever take the field for NU. Based on the returning scholarship players from last year and the 20 signees from this class, we are at 87 total scholarship players for next year. That is two over the limit so I think we'll soon hear about a couple of kids on the roster that won't be playing going forward . My guess is that Fuessel will announce his retirement due to medical issues and will be moved onto a non athletic scholarship. Its too bad because I think the kid could have been really good.

There may be some move on medical non-counters, but I'm not entirely convinced it will be Fuessel.

Originally posted by gocatsgo2003:

Originally posted by corbi296:

There may be some move on medical non-counters, but I'm not entirely convinced it will be Fuessel.

Thanks, gcg. That's about the first ... even semblance of good news I've heard about him.

The negative to GCG's comment is there may be others we expect to contribute that can't go. I sure hope we don't start 2015 like 2014 with an extensive list of "out for the year" before we take a snap.

Originally posted by Purple Pile Driver:
The negative to GCG's comment is there may be others we expect to contribute that can't go. I sure hope we don't start 2015 like 2014 with an extensive list of "out for the year" before we take a snap.
Haven't heard anything about significant contributors being out for extensive periods of time.

They haven't been through spring or summer practice yet.

Is Lancaster likely to play next year

Disregard....see you commented in another thread
This post was edited on 2/6 3:43 PM by Medill90

That would be a pleasant surprise. I would love to see him on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT