ADVERTISEMENT

Top 50 2020 guard to visit NU

Vassar's grades were an issue in HS. You are referencing the Vice article -

"But at the same time his recruiting was ramping up, Vassar's grades were dropping. After Vassar had differences with his head coach—he says his coach forced him to go on a visit to Indiana with his team rather than a scheduled visit to Illinois—Cherise pulled her son out of La Lumiere, and homeschooled him to get his academics in order.

"He wouldn't be (an academic NCAA) qualifier if I left him there," she said."

That said - he has done fine academically at NU - so may have just been a blip.

That, and the VICE article was an absolute piece of garbage.

That, and the VICE article was an absolute piece of garbage.

It was garbage cuz it didn’t blow rainbows up every NU arse. Now, it’s garbage cuz it admits Vassar had some academic issues. Got give VICE credit for distributing garbage fairly all around.

Let me know if you choose to pull your head out of the sand and check out the real world.

Is this going to turn into another "I think I read it somewhere once so it has to be the case?" situations?

So, thanks to DKE, ready to admit I was right? Or are planning to keep your head next to Mike’s? Hmmmm....Nojel couldn’t get in but Vassar....hmmmmm

Anyone interested in a bridge?

Vassar's grades were an issue in HS. You are referencing the Vice article -

"But at the same time his recruiting was ramping up, Vassar's grades were dropping. After Vassar had differences with his head coach—he says his coach forced him to go on a visit to Indiana with his team rather than a scheduled visit to Illinois—Cherise pulled her son out of La Lumiere, and homeschooled him to get his academics in order.

"He wouldn't be (an academic NCAA) qualifier if I left him there," she said."

That said - he has done fine academically at NU - so may have just been a blip.

Agreed. But worried about an academic qualifier? Please GCG, recruiting guru of all sports, explain how Purdue, private and well respected instution squeezed in Nojel while we rolled out the red carpet for Vassar but would not take Nojel. BS. Nojel chose elsewhere and we were lucky to get Vassar.

Agreed. But worried about an academic qualifier? Please GCG, recruiting guru of all sports, explain how Purdue, private and well respected instution squeezed in Nojel while we rolled out the red carpet for Vassar but would not take Nojel. BS. Nojel chose elsewhere and we were lucky to get Vassar.
Purdue’s private?

So, thanks to DKE, ready to admit I was right? Or are planning to keep your head next to Mike’s? Hmmmm....Nojel couldn’t get in but Vassar....hmmmmm

Anyone interested in a bridge?

You seem more interested in chasing windmills.

Because NU’s academic requirements far outstrip those of literally any other power conference team, save perhaps Stanford. Period.

PS — Purdue is a public institution with a 59% acceptance rate. Facts are hard for you.

It was garbage cuz it didn’t blow rainbows up every NU arse. Now, it’s garbage cuz it admits Vassar had some academic issues. Got give VICE credit for distributing garbage fairly all around.

Let me know if you choose to pull your head out of the sand and check out the real world.
No one will ever claim you are part of the Klan Bob.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Because NU’s academic requirements far outstrip those of literally any other power conference team, save perhaps Stanford. Period.

PS — Purdue is a public institution with a 59% acceptance rate. Facts are hard for you.

Public, private - misspoke, gee, guess that means every I ever stated was wrong. I notice nobody wants to opine about Vassar admission. I get it, it really makes the Nojel academically ineligible argument tough. Ok, well, we all know the truth - even if many of you rather ignore it and simply attack me. Low hanging fruit. I understand and feel for you.

Public, private - misspoke, gee, guess that means every I ever stated was wrong. I notice nobody wants to opine about Vassar admission. I get it, it really makes the Nojel academically ineligible argument tough. Ok, well, we all know the truth - even if many of you rather ignore it and simply attack me. Low hanging fruit. I understand and feel for you.

1) Saying Private when it’s public isn’t misspeaking, it’s a factual error.

2) NU eligible is different from NCAA eligible. Just because Eastern met NCAA minimums and matriculated at Purdue (which has ZERO academic requirements for recruits above NCAA minimums, by the way) doesn’t automatically mean that he would have been accepted to NU with the same academic record.

3) You’ll notice further that Vassar’s mother never said he wasn’t an NCAA qualifier; she stated that he “wouldn’t” have been an NCAA qualifier if he had stayed at LaLu. As in “his grades were trending poorly and he wouldn’t qualify if action weren’t taken,” which it was.

And given the general tone of the entire Vice piece (written by a former InsideNU kid who was an absolutely terrible admin on that site and seemed to always have it in for Collins, by the way), methinks there’s just a bit of hyperbole involved as well.

Yes, we all know the truth. That you wrongly chose to take message board banter as “fact” to fit your narrative even though people with *actual knowledge* of the situation say you are wrong.

I appreciate your often contrarian viewpoints (truly, not being sarcastic) but in this case you are just stirring things up for no reason. Who cares about Eastern vs. Vassar??????????????

Hadn't been on the BB board in a while. I see it's as bitchy as ever.

Yeah...it’s bad. That said, it’s largely due to one poster who thrives on drama. Hopefully action is taken soon to remedy the issue, before we lose more traffic because of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT