ADVERTISEMENT

Top unemployed CFB coaches

Brian Shaw would have to be of high interest I expect.
Any of Chris Peterson, Paul Chryst, Bronco Mendenhall and Gary Patterson could be a fit. Dantonio is underrated, but I doubt that he is hirable.
How hilarious would it be if NU somehow hired Urban Meyer after this debacle.

Reactions: MotownMedilldo
Brian Shaw would have to be of high interest I expect.
Any of Chris Peterson, Paul Chryst, Bronco Mendenhall and Gary Patterson could be a fit. Dantonio is underrated, but I doubt that he is hirable.
How hilarious would it be if NU somehow hired Urban Meyer after this debacle.
I'm not sure how Brian Shaw is going to handle coaching Kawhi Leonard and Cam Porter at the same time!

I kid but I would not want Shaw. Also a has-been that coasted on the coat-tails of Harbag.

I'd take any of Peterson, Mendenhall or Patterson. Not elite but should at least raise the floor at Northwestern.

I'd make a deal with the devil to get Urban. He'd run the program into the ground in 5 years but OH what a 5 years it would be!

I'm not sure how Brian Shaw is going to handle coaching Kawhi Leonard and Cam Porter at the same time!

I kid but I would not want Shaw. Also a has-been that coasted on the coat-tails of Harbag.

I'd take any of Peterson, Mendenhall or Patterson. Not elite but should at least raise the floor at Northwestern.

I'd make a deal with the devil to get Urban. He'd run the program into the ground in 5 years but OH what a 5 years it would be!
I doubt he would run it into the ground. Likely improve recruiting but his shtick would get old after 5 years and then someone would come in and raise all the riches he brought in to another level so we would get a double bump

There are two reasons why NONE of them will come.

I'll let you guess what/who they are. Given the opportunity, would you want to report to either one of these incompetent snakes?
Point taken.

Give my 10 million, I'd consider it!

Reactions: IGNORE2
Apart from Shaw they all seem to be good.

Shaw has made big bucks from that almost decade long gig and appears burnt out.

I would like Urban and Patterson most of all.

And the (not unemployed Sean Lewis from Colorado (now their OC) or steal away Don Brown from Massachusets if you want to be a defense first school or Joe Moorehead from Akron if you want offense (and Sean Lewis says no).

Or keep Skip Holtz! Great coach.

Didn’t realize how rough of a go Gary Patterson had after TCU transitioned to the Big 12 in 2012 until I looked it up. I thought he consistently had double digit wins. Looks like typical NU records with the same see-saw effect.

Gary’s Record

Last edited:
Reactions: drewjin
Did you mean David Shaw? I think I will not be able to stand watching NU if we hire Shaw. He doesn't excite at all, and his main accomplishment at Stanford seems to be having taken Hairball's high-flying program and given it a soft landing back in mediocrity. His protege, Derrick Mason, is even worse. No thanks.

I think the "racism" allegations are bogus (issues corrected long ago), but if you think we have to have a black HC, hire Lou Ayeni. Hell, hire Tyrell Sutton (currently RB coach for the CFL Montreal Alouettes). Just no Shaw or Mason, please.

I like CDB, hope he does well and gets the head coach gig, but if that doesn't happen for any reason, Mendenhall, Mullen, and Chryst are the three best options on the list. Also like Jason Candle from Toledo. As for none of them wanting to come to NU ... you never know until you a$k.

Petersen is really good. We'd be lucky to get him.

I’m all for taking a chance on a really successful lower level coach on the rise. No established coach is joining this shitshow.

Lmao.

Also, an established coach will take a big ten check. No question. Even if it means he has to coach in Evanston.
How are things in Champagne? Now that Bielema has your boat rowing in the right direction I’m surprised you have time to visit us.

How are things in Champagne? Now that Bielema has your boat rowing in the right direction I’m surprised you have time to visit us.
Pretty well I think. Lost a ton from last year, so we’ll see if there’s a fall off. I like Bert a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT