ADVERTISEMENT

Tourney Games - Now

Kennesaw State up 11 on #3 Xavier. And yet it does not feel, to me, as big as yesterday's upsets. Probably because Xavier has not had Freemantle for a while now. My brain tells me "overrated #3".
C’mon maaaaan. Pipe down when the Golden Flashes take the lead.

Reactions: GatoLouco
Wow! Nightmare start for Iowa State. Down 18-2 at the 13 minute mark and both their big guys have two fouls each already.

Reactions: GatoLouco
Now 20-2 under the 10 minute mark. ISU hasn't made a FG yet. Only two free throws.

I guess you can say Pitt is quite the Anticyclone

Joke Drummer GIF by Travis

• Haha
Reactions: Hungry Jack
Credit to ISU. They've battled back and are now only down 7.

I’m feeling ambivalent about cheering for GCU. On the one hand, it’s #14 vs #3 Gonzaga.

On the other hand, it’s a for-profit. And that’s just weird.

I’m feeling ambivalent about cheering for GCU. On the one hand, it’s #14 vs #3 Gonzaga.

On the other hand, it’s a for-profit. And that’s just weird.
Go Antelopes!

I'm rooting against both Gonzaga and TCU tonight. Not that I'm looking ahead...

Purdue is a weak #1. They will be horrible if Edey leaves after this season.

Purdue is a weak #1. They will be horrible if Edey leaves after this season.
Who would you have put as a #1 seed ahead of them? Arizona?

They won the B1G, both in the regular season and the conference tourney. They deserve a #1 seed.

Reactions: drewjin

They won the B1G, both in the regular season and the conference tourney. They deserve a #1 seed.
I agree, but you knew a scrappy, quick team could probably take them

Reactions: EagerFan
I agree, but you knew a scrappy, quick team could probably take them
A scrappy, quick team like Northwestern?

They won the B1G tourney last weekend by beating a really scrappy, hot Penn State team.

Well at least Purdue was not the first team to lose to a number 16 seed!! Still very bad look for the big ten

• Sad
I don’t know which was worse, Purdue’s coaching or their player performance. A team that looked totally unprepared, played tight, and made no real adjustments during the game. Given that PU has lost to double-digit seeds three years in row and to a 15th and 16th seed in consecutive years, Painter is not as great a coach as his record indicates. Good recruiter, but needs work elsewhere.

Last edited:
The Purdue loss shows how bad the coaching is and was in the B10. Purdue walked through this league. NU beat them and CC and team gets huge credit for their win, but the others let them cruise.

Painter is a great November, December, and January coach. The simple adjustments were a) take Smith out of the game and b) tell your team to drive to the basket. But dumbass Painter cannot make those simple adjustments.

Painter is an arrogant __s. I am so happy to see him and their effing fans lose. Their fans were --sswipes at the B10 tourney.

I attended one half of one FDU game this year with my son, he got tired so we left at halftime when they were winning (they lost the game). The free foam "Go FDU!" finger that we got will get some use this weekend.

Reactions: NU Houston
Good finish for TCU. A Hurley bro going down won’t make many people sad. Though the one I am most annoyed with is alive.

The Purdue loss shows how bad the coaching is and was in the B10. Purdue walked through this league. NU beat them and CC and team gets huge credit for their win, but the others let them cruise.

Painter is a great November, December, and January coach. The simple adjustments were a) take Smith out of the game and b) tell your team to drive to the basket. But dumbass Painter cannot make those simple adjustments.

Painter is an arrogant __s. I am so happy to see him and their effing fans lose. Their fans were --sswipes at the B10 tourney.
Painter.. He reminds me of a certain football coach.

They would be better off if they did not get it. Reality is that high rated teams tend to play these teams from smaller conferences that to be smaller quicker, have nothing to lose and press and Purdue is not built to deal with that type of team. In the Dance, in order to succeed, you have to be able to hanle various types of teams and that tends to take better, more versatile guards than Purdue has

I attended one half of one FDU game this year with my son, he got tired so we left at halftime when they were winning (they lost the game). The free foam "Go FDU!" finger that we got will get some use this weekend.
Which finger?

Ryan Young got in for about 15 seconds and gave up a layup with bad defense at the end of the first half and never came off the pine again. Don't know how he would fit in with this year's group.

Reactions: Titanium999
Ryan Young got in for about 15 seconds and gave up a layup with bad defense at the end of the first half and never came off the pine again. Don't know how he would fit in with this year's group.
i was watching the game. Don't make stuff up.

i was watching the game. Don't make stuff up.
So was I and Young came in for the last seconds of the half (probably because one of Duke's big had two fouls) and gave up a layup to Tennessee with poor positioning. I don'T MAKE STUFF UP!

I really love it when unbundling — a 20 year phenomenon , I know — disfavors the bigger seed.

In today’s case, Houston got the best location for their alums, assigned to the Birmingham location. Just so happens that Auburn fans will be there as well, cheering on the #9 Tigers. Bruce Pearl is the most wonderful sleaze in college hoops, and that school has become a great hoops school.

Alabama is also playing in Auburn. Hopefully Brandon Miller didn’t bring his gun. Could get dangerous.

Birmingham is a legit great town. No joke. Good beer scene, good concert venues, and the BJCC is older but nice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT