ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

clarificationcat

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Now that we are having a little sustained success, I am hoping that we may be an attractive spot for guys that we recruited that chose other schools. Christie’s brother chose Minnesota at the start of last season when things looked grim for Collins and the program. Gonzaga is obviously at a different level than our program but Braden Huff may get homesick. I am sure there are other players that we recruited who are looking at the program differently. Transfer portal could be our friend for some of those guys who aren’t completely happy at their current schools. And they have already gotten through admissions. Our big wins are national news and the game day atmosphere is night and day from when they were being recruited. Of course, NIL will likely be a factor so who knows.

I've had my eye on Matt Allocco from Princeton. By my math, he's out of Ivy eligibility after this year but still has one left in general. Very similar physical and statistical profile to Langborg and is one of the top players on an excellent Princeton team. Mitch really has that program going, which is awesome.

Lots of Evanston/Chicago-area kids on that squad too, which is no surprise.

Wouldn't be a grad transfer but Yale's Danny Wolf, out of Lake Forest, will also probably be high on our list if he decides to make a move. Might not be for another year, though - I wouldn't turn down the Yale degree!

I've had my eye on Matt Allocco from Princeton. By my math, he's out of Ivy eligibility after this year but still has one left in general. Very similar physical and statistical profile to Langborg and is one of the top players on an excellent Princeton team. Mitch really has that program going, which is awesome.

Wouldn't be a grad transfer but Yale's Danny Wolf, out of Lake Forest, will also probably be high on our list if he decides to make a move. Might not be for another year, though - I wouldn't turn down the Yale degree!
Every kid at Yale gets an A nowadays.

Reactions: IGNORE2 and NJCat

Those guys would be great additions. It’s nice to have some options to fill gaps, if necessary, after down recruiting years. And 5th year players are great to have on your team (and not so great to play against - see Domask).

Reactions: IGNORE2
I like plugging gaps with the portal, but I'm always hopeful for home grown/recruited talent that wants to stay and play a career at NU.

Reactions: IGNORE2
I like plugging gaps with the portal, but I'm always hopeful for home grown/recruited talent that wants to stay and play a career at NU.
Agreed. See Buie, Berry, Beran and Barnhizer. But having really down years tends to damage our program a lot more than the established programs. If we can avoid finishing near the bottom of the conference during the developmental years, I am all for it.

Agreed on Allocco! I grew up in Princeton and went to all of their games with my Dad, a Princeton grad. My Mom stills go to games so I follow them pretty closely. Matt would be a great addition. Maybe not as good a shooter than Ryan, but a better driver.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT