ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Recruiting

It looks like everyone and his brother is recruiting this guy. Hopefully as an Ivy Leaguer he’ll be attracted to NU’s academics.

Reactions: ricko654321
It looks like everyone and his brother is recruiting this guy. Hopefully as an Ivy Leaguer he’ll be attracted to NU’s academics.
Ivy League grad transfers already have an Ivy League degree so there may not be an advantage for NU, if they would rather play for a top 10 team and/or get exposure for the draft.

This is awesome! We need to attract more Ivy League players to transfer to NU through the portal each year. Easier to get them through admissions unless they are coming from Cornell, Columbia, or Brown.
Or Dartmouth.

Braun MIGHT have a connection to the KSU staff via NDSU, but that’s about the only snowball’s chance in hell we might have.
I have no doubt in Braun’s ability to get in front of pretty much any recruit and make a pitch, but the reality is this level of QB is going to be looking for 1) major $$$ and 2) a CFP contender. We don’t give 1 and, as much as I have loved this year, we won’t be 2 next season.

I have no doubt in Braun’s ability to get in front of pretty much any recruit and make a pitch, but the reality is this level of QB is going to be looking for 1) major $$$ and 2) a CFP contender. We don’t give 1 and, as much as I have loved this year, we won’t be 2 next season.

While true, a relatively direct line to starting reps in the B1G isn’t nothing. Howard is also a high academic kid, but… yeah, don’t exactly have my hopes up.

Best chance at a “name” would probably be an in-state guy coming back home, Payton Thorne for instance.

Sort of OT, anybody have any insight on how TrueNU is doing ? I'm getting a one-time bonus and am thinking about doing another donation. No offense, but I just don't care to support Wrestling or Volleyball. Previous donation seemed really general like you can't specify

What about the rare privilege of playing for noted qb whisperer Mike Bajakian?

Well if that is what it going to take to win, we better learn how to play that NIL game.

While true, a relatively direct line to starting reps in the B1G isn’t nothing. Howard is also a high academic kid, but… yeah, don’t exactly have my hopes up.

Best chance at a “name” would probably be an in-state guy coming back home, Payton Thorne for instance.
He's going to get PAID. He already had a starting slot in the P4 at a very good program. Now he's maximizing his leverage to secure life-changing money.

So, Athan Kaliakmanis is entering the portal at Minny, as is their other underclassman scholarship QB Drew Viotto. Yikes! Who is left - one scholarship 5th year Cole Kramer who had been very lightly used, and a freshman walkon. Either things are going sideways there in the locker room, or they have already gotten a verbal from a transfer QB, or Fleck is just taking a big gamble that he will get one.

He's going to get PAID. He already had a starting slot in the P4 at a very good program. Now he's maximizing his leverage to secure life-changing money.

You’re talking about Howard or Thorne? Thorne has already gotten paid on NIL once, maybe just wants to play one last year closer to home.

So, Athan Kaliakmanis is entering the portal at Minny, as is their other underclassman scholarship QB Drew Viotto. Yikes! Who is left - one scholarship 5th year Cole Kramer who had been very lightly used, and a freshman walkon. Either things are going sideways there in the locker room, or they have already gotten a verbal from a transfer QB, or Fleck is just taking a big gamble that he will get one.

Welcome to modern college football. Portal transfers galore.

Speaking of transfer QBs - prior to the season, most of the discussion was over the transfers heading to other B1GW schools, but as it turned out, the Cats ended up with the best one.

So all portal QBs think they're worth $1M? All 3 MSU QBs have entered.. QBs from everywhere have entered. Do the laws of supply and demand even matter ?. Why put time into development if they will leave after a year or two?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT