ADVERTISEMENT

Trevor > Justin

wildcatcoaster

Oct 27, 2003
At least today in a meaningless exhibition game. Nice backup for the Bears thought other than that Peterman I don't know why they keep him around.

3Q highlights -

Trevor, at this point in his career, is a professional QB.

He makes the right read on time.

Many Saints fans think that they made an upgrade at the backup position w/ Dalton, but the more astute minority liked Siemian as their starter ahead of Winston.

At least today in a meaningless exhibition game. Nice backup for the Bears thought other than that Peterman I don't know why they keep him around.
After watching Fields game after game the Bears will once again have to use their first pick for a QB. Until then Siemian will have to carry a lot of the load.

Reactions: rmndcat
I think it’s pretty cool that Trevor seems to have cemented himself as a career journeyman QB. He’s come quite a ways.

In no universe is he going to unseat Fields, but that’s not this job.

Last edited:
Reactions: rmndcat
I think it’s pretty cool that Trevor seems to have cemented himself as a career journeyman QB. He’s come quite a ways.

In no universe is he going to unseat Fields, but that’s not this job.
But somebody will. The Bears #1 pick next year will likely be a QB.

Yes, at some point in the future, Justin Fields will no longer be the starting quarterback in the future.

I highly doubt it will be in next two seasons, though. Poles is a smart guy and by all accounts the entire organization loves Fields. No need to bail on a highly thought of rookie QB prior prior to year 4, especially when you need to give at least a few years in the same system.

The front office will take their high pick in 2023 and either use it on a premium position outside of QB or ideally trade down with a team like Seattle, NYG, Detriot and use the bounty of picks to build up the roster (or replenish draft capital after trades made during the initial stages of FA).

By gutting the roster and taking it on the chin in 2022, the Bears will be in a much better position come 2023. If things go smoothly they should be a real threat in 2024, just in time for when the Packers say goodbye to the badman up north.

Reactions: mountaindrew
LOL. Justin is on his way to being a top NFL QB. For once the Bears don’t have to worry about the QB position. There is a much better chance that the Bears first round pick next year will be an OL like Peter Skoronski.

Last edited:
Reactions: mountaindrew
LOL. Justin is on his way to being a top NFL QB. For once the Bears don’t have to worry about the QB position. There is a much better chance that the Bears first round pick next year will be on OL like Peter Skoronski.
Wondering which QB's will be draftable.

LOL. Justin is on his way to being a top NFL QB. For once the Bears don’t have to worry about the QB position. There is a much better chance that the Bears first round pick next year will be on OL like Peter Skoronski.
The “corbi kiss of death” is happy to keep the Bears QB struggles alive for another generation.

Fields is doomed, folks. Sorry.

• Haha
Reactions: NUCat320
Speaking of former Ohio State quarterbacks whom Northwestern played against in a Big Ten Championship game, I was wondering whatever happened to Dwayne Haskins, because I was much more impressed by the performance of Haskins than that of Fields. He just carved the 'Cats up and they were powerless to stop him.

So I looked it up, and I see that he tragically died in April of this year. Hmm, that's strange; I don't remember talking about it on this board. It seems like something we should have talked about, since we had history against him in a big game.

So I searched this board, and I see that indeed there was a thread about it, but it was on The Rock. Because the death of Dwayne Haskins is the type of news that should only be exclusively discussed by members of The Rock. The rest of us can remain oblivious.

Reactions: StreamCat
Speaking of former Ohio State quarterbacks whom Northwestern played against in a Big Ten Championship game, I was wondering whatever happened to Dwayne Haskins, because I was much more impressed by the performance of Haskins than that of Fields. He just carved the 'Cats up and they were powerless to stop him.

So I looked it up, and I see that he tragically died in April of this year. Hmm, that's strange; I don't remember talking about it on this board. It seems like something we should have talked about, since we had history against him in a big game.

So I searched this board, and I see that indeed there was a thread about it, but it was on The Rock. Because the death of Dwayne Haskins is the type of news that should only be exclusively discussed by members of The Rock. The rest of us can remain oblivious.
There was massive coverage in the national media, so you must not read newspapers and/or watch much television, not that I blame you. Dwayne was driving on an interstate, accompanied by a woman other than his wife, while under the influence of some illicit drug, when he walked into the path of oncoming traffic.

First of all, there is nothing to stop you or any other to post about this topic on the free board. As @No Chores already said, there are plenty of news media that covered this topic.

There was massive coverage in the national media, so you must not read newspapers and/or watch much television, not that I blame you. Dwayne was driving on an interstate, accompanied by a woman other than his wife, while under the influence of some illicit drug, when he walked into the path of oncoming traffic.
I don't watch much television and I don't get cable. I pay for ESPN+ so that I can stream UTEP games, for example. I'm a season ticket holder for NU games. I do read newspapers but I don't take much interest in reading about sports outside of the teams I follow. I am a Dallas Cowboys fan from Texas who now lives in Illinois. I don't much care about wading through all the Chicago Bears crap in the local sports page.

But I'm still at a loss why the Dwayne Haskins discussion would happen on The Rock. It was hardly exclusive, insider news, and it would have been of interest to the wider NU community. Yes, in some ways I live under a rock, but the community here used to be so much better.

But on The Rock, Frank Covey is trending. @FeralFelidae is missing the love fest for our top WR recruit in the 2023 class, led by none other than @gocatsgo2003.
Those types of discussions make sense for The Rock. It has never been important to me to be in the know on these things. I'll get to know our recruits as I cheer them on when they wear purple.

Reactions: StreamCat
Those types of discussions make sense for The Rock. It has never been important to me to be in the know on these things. I'll get to know our recruits as I cheer them on when they wear purple.
But you'd rather discuss Dwayne Haskins. Got it.

By the way, did you know that Covey has the body of a safety?

• Wow
Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
I don't watch much television and I don't get cable. I pay for ESPN+ so that I can stream UTEP games, for example. I'm a season ticket holder for NU games. I do read newspapers but I don't take much interest in reading about sports outside of the teams I follow. I am a Dallas Cowboys fan from Texas who now lives in Illinois. I don't much care about wading through all the Chicago Bears crap in the local sports page.

But I'm still at a loss why the Dwayne Haskins discussion would happen on The Rock. It was hardly exclusive, insider news, and it would have been of interest to the wider NU community. Yes, in some ways I live under a rock, but the community here used to be so much better.
There are plenty of great posters on the free board. However, I think you are missing the fact that many discussions are repetitive to both boards. So, if you are a member of the Rock, why wouldn’t you post on the Rock? Who wants to post their same opinion on both the rock and the free board. Better yet who wants to read it multiple times? There now is just way more traffic there.

The Rock also gives the added benefit of avoiding opposition fans and a few knuckleheads that are negative on just about everything NU. No thanks. 3, 2,1…………,

Reactions: corbi296
But you'd rather discuss Dwayne Haskins. Got it.

By the way, did you know that Covey has the body of a safety?
I'm not entitled to exclusive recruiting information. But apparently The Rock wanted to talk about Dwayne Haskins.

There are plenty of great posters on the free board. However, I think you are missing the fact that many discussions are repetitive to both boards. So, if you are a member of the Rock, why wouldn’t you post on the Rock? Who wants to post their same opinion on both the rock and the free board. Better yet who wants to read it multiple times? There now is just way more traffic there.

The Rock also gives the added benefit of avoiding opposition fans and a few knuckleheads that are negative on just about everything NU. No thanks. 3, 2,1…………,
Oh no, opposition fans on a site called Rivals.

Dividing our own fanbase has resulted in less traffic overall. I have no interest in joining an exclusive club. Echo chambers are a bane to society.

I'm not entitled to exclusive recruiting information. But apparently The Rock wanted to talk about Dwayne Haskins.
I think it’s a shame, too. But it’s probably better for the bottom line.

Also on The Rock:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT