ADVERTISEMENT

Turk's Final "All Turk Top 20" Player Rankings and Mr All Turk 2018

Turk

May 29, 2001
Blacklisted by Fitz
2018 Mr All Turk: Paddy Fisher
He is the "Super Glue" of our defense.

Mr 12th Man award: Chris Bergin. Big shoes to fill but stepped up in the gap when needed. Interesting play.

Mr All Turk Most Improved Player: Cam Ruiz. Not sure if he just wasn't prepared or what but his level of play went from disappointing to who the hell is this guy? A bright future.

Mr All Turk Surprising Player of the Year: Bowser. Man, did we need him.

Coaching Move of the Year: Fitz making the switch to Bowser after about the 6th game. Thank the NCAA for its new redshirt rules.

Top 20 Rated Players
1. Montre Hartage- Best player on defense. I suspect that he will be 'man up' against OSU. Could improve his NFL stock on Saturday as he has the toughest assignment. I think he is up for it. Obvious First Team All Big Ten. Hope his hammy is 100%

2. Paddy Fisher- Run stopper. Takes on Offensive Lineman and sheds them. Hips always seem to be moving even when taking on blockers.

3. Nate Hall - Maybe the most talented football player we have (smarts + athletic ability).

4. Blake Gallagher - A lot of TV time. Seems like he is always around the ball.

5. Joe Gazilla Gaziano - Picked up where Lowry left off.

6. Tommy Doles: Turned in a really nice year. I give him a slight nod over Slater for best OL of the year.

7. Rashawn Slater. Could end up the best OT that we have had since Strief.

8. Clayton Thorson- First QB that I have seen here that can make every throw. OSU will remember his name.

9. Isaiah Bowser - Would be much higher if he played more than half the season. A strong back who will someday be first team all big ten. In the meantime, he wants to settle something with his in-state school this Saturday.

10a. Fred Wyatt - Paddy loves this teammate. Improved as the year went on.

10b Jordan Thompson - Great against the run.

12. Samdup "Don't shoot" MIller - Mr Consistency.

13. Flynn Nagel - Best wide out on the team.

14. J.R. Pace - Just keeps getting better and better. Wouldn't be surprised if he makes the top 7 or 8 after our Rose Bowl victory.

15. Cam Green - Always a mismatch against a LB and safety.

16. Travis Whillock - may not even start on Saturday but he is our best most solid safety. Extremely impressive.

17. Ben Skowronek - Just throw it deep and let him go up and get it. Dude always climbs to the highest point.

18. Jared McGee - Sure tackler. Haven't seen one single arm tackle from him. Great against the run.

19. Earnest Brown - may be the most popular name in 2 years. A bit more weight to add with his quicks and he may rewrite the position for us.

20. Trae Williams- decent season.

Last edited:

Mr 12th Man award: Chris Bergin. Big shoes to fill but stepped up in the gap when needed. Interesting play.

Mr All Turk Most Improved Player: Cam Ruiz. Not sure if he just wasn't prepared or what but his level of play went from disappointing to who the hell is this guy? A bright future.

Coaching Move of the Year: Fitz making the switch to Bowser after about the 6th game. Thank the NCAA for its new redshirt rules.

Top 20 Rated Players
1. Montre Hartage- Best player on defense. I suspect that he will be 'man up' against OSU. Could improve his NFL stock on Saturday as he has the toughest assignment. I think he is up for it. Obvious First Team All Big Ten. Hope his hammy is 100%

2. Paddy Fisher- Run stopper. Takes on Offensive Lineman and sheds them. Hips always seem to be moving even when taking on blockers.

3. Nate Hall - Maybe the most talented football player we have (smarts + athletic ability).

6. Tommy Doles: Turned in a really nice year. I give him a slight nod over Slater for best OL of the year.

8. Clayton Thorson- First QB that I have seen here that can make every throw. OSU will remember his name.

9. Isaiah Bowser - Would be much higher if he played more than half the season. A strong back who will someday be first team all big ten. In the meantime, he wants to settle something with his in-state school this Saturday.

14. J.R. Pace - Just keeps getting better and better. Wouldn't be surprised if he makes the top 7 or 8 after our Rose Bowl victory.

16. Travis Whillock - may not even start on Saturday but he is our best most solid safety. Extremely impressive.

17. Ben Skowronek - Just throw it deep and let him go up and get it. Dude always climbs to the highest point.

18. Jared McGee - Sure tackler. Haven't seen one single arm tackle from him. Great against the run.

19. Earnest Brown - may be the most popular name in 2 years. A big more weight to add with his quicks and he may rewrite the position for us.

Thompson should be over Wyatt.

Top 20 Rated Players

19. Earnest Brown - may be the most popular name in 2 years. A big more weight to add with his quicks and he may rewrite the position for us.

Hankawutz has to be on the team! Great coach!

Hankawutz has to be on the team! Great coach!
LOL. You slay me Wrassler.

Good list Turk! Wyatt has had a sneaky good year. Might get himself an NFL camp invite.

Alex Miller has been kinda quiet, and I am guessing that early season knee sprain set him back. I hope he rebounds next year, as I think he will.

And good call on Whillock. His arrow is pointed straight up.

LOL. You slay me Wrassler.

Good list Turk! Wyatt has had a sneaky good year. Might get himself an NFL camp invite.

Alex Miller has been kinda quiet, and I am guessing that early season knee sprain set him back. I hope he rebounds next year, as I think he will.

And good call on Whillock. His arrow is pointed straight up.
Is McGee a senior? I also have to wonder if we don't see a heckuva lot of Whillock after the first series in our base defense.

McGee is a senior.

This is a good and deep list. There are two other names that aren't in the top 20 but really should or could be:
Jared Thomas
Jake Collins

Emerging names that we will also be taking about next year (besides Ruiz):
Riley Lees
Kyric McGowan
Ramaud Chiaokhao-Bowman

I am super biased but Chad Hanaoka needs to be somewhere too.

McGee is a senior.

This is a good and deep list. There are two other names that aren't in the top 20 but really should or could be:
Jared Thomas
Jake Collins

Emerging names that we will also be taking about next year (besides Ruiz):
Riley Lees
Kyric McGowan
Ramaud Chiaokhao-Bowman

I am super biased but Chad Hanaoka needs to be somewhere too.
Upon Further Review, the All Turk Court Of Reasonable Appeals has ruled for one more season award, i.e., the Rudy Award.

Therefore the Great Turk has thus ruled that the All Turk Rudy Award goes to the Flying Hawaiian Chad Karioka Hanaoka

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT