ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Lancaster's Family - HELP NEEDED

Done. Hoping for the best possible outcome.

if you all have some spare change, consider helping out Tyler and his family in this time of need...

https://www.gofundme.com/help-for-the-lancasters‬

You guys are awesome. While we have a motley crew on these boards, you can always count on us coming together when we need it.

Plus, there are many members who are convinced their posts have an effect on the playcalling, hiring, recruiting, etc. Well, here is your chance to have an actual effect on the team....

Looked at the page and i'm familiar with dozens who gave and are regular posters on this board. This is a nice community. I wish the family the best.

Yep, a lot of familiar board names on the list, real names of course, plus some board people that I know contributed anonymously.

You guys are awesome. While we have a motley crew on these boards, you can always count on us coming together when we need it.

Plus, there are many members who are convinced their posts have an effect on the playcalling, hiring, recruiting, etc. Well, here is your chance to have an actual effect on the team....
They're up to $9,150 raised so far, so I imagine that they'll hit their goal by end of week. I was going to contribute $67 to signify his son's jersey number, but rounded up to $70 to keep it as a nice round number. It reminded me of when this board helped raise $40K for the widow of a former player who had two children and a third on the way at the time of his passing - both of these fund raising events make me proud to be a member of WR.

Let's just hope the NCAA doesn't crack down on this as being a "impermissible benefit". It looks like the IRS already sent a $19K tax bill to another cancer survivor that raised funds to cover medical expenses (ugh): http://www.dontmesswithtaxes.com/20...ts-19000-tax-bill-for-gofundme-donations.html

Let's just hope the NCAA doesn't crack down on this as being a "impermissible benefit".
I don't mean to be a buzzkill, but if someone has a contact within the program/compliance/ADs office, they should maybe forward this along and alert them.

I don't mean to be a buzzkill, but if someone has a contact within the program/compliance/ADs office, they should maybe forward this along and alert them.
I don't have a contact there and don't plan to spend my time finding one. But given that the player didn't solicit this at all, this is entirely for the father's cancer treatment, most of the donations appear to come from their family/friends (and there's no way to know for certain how many / what portion donations even came from this board), and how little I care for the NCAA... I don't think there's any need to.

Case in point: I also plan to donate to this poor cancer victim's family, whom I also never met. It appears that her widower is in the service... will my donation be counted as a bribe of an active duty officer? What if he plays for army's football team, would it be interpreted as due to his affiliation with that team - and not as it's intended, to support him and his six poor motherless children? Give me a break.

https://www.gofundme.com/unmhg-donations-for-jamie-snider

I don't have a contact there and don't plan to spend my time finding one. But given that the player didn't solicit this at all, this is entirely for the father's cancer treatment, most of the donations appear to come from their family/friends (and there's no way to know for certain how many / what portion donations even came from this board), and how little I care for the NCAA... I don't think there's any need to.

Case in point: I also plan to donate to this poor cancer victim's family, whom I also never met. It appears that her widower is in the service... will my donation be counted as a bribe of an active duty officer? What if he plays for army's football team, would it be interpreted as due to his affiliation with that team - and not as it's intended, to support him and his six poor motherless children? Give me a break.

https://www.gofundme.com/unmhg-donations-for-jamie-snider
Dude, I don't make the rules. My only thought was that a bunch of us are "boosters" and are directly donating money to a player's family. The rules don't care if he's soliciting it or not. Obviously it's dumb, but that's the system right now.

Great! The Wildcat community pulls through. I hope people don't stop here, the bill to fight cancer is going to be much more than $10K.

Great that it's still pinned. Just added some myself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT