ADVERTISEMENT

Using Himon more than Porter against Huskers

eastbaycat99

Mar 7, 2009
I really like Cam Porter, and think he is one of the most unlucky running backs the Cats have had (after maybe Larkin). He lost a lot of time due to injury, and now plays behind an OL that couldn’t open a hole in a 2000 Florida butterfly ballot. That being said, I really hope Bajakian uses Joseph Himon II for the bulk of the offensive snaps against Nebraska.

The Cats will not budge the interior Nebraska DL, and as a result any strength advantage Porter brings to those runs over Himon will be wasted. The Husker defensive backfield, on the other hand, is to put it mildly, challenged. Having Himon out of the backfield complements Henning and the other receivers and gives another possibility of a big play. He also complements Henning’s jet sweeps in the running game, as both can stretch Nebraska horizontally, which will be very important if Sullivan is the QB, giving him more room to operate on RPO’s.

I would like to see a lot more screen passes to the backs, especially Himon. We have never been much at using screens, which I think is a big mistake with our OLs over the years.

I would like to see a lot more screen passes to the backs, especially Himon. We have never been much at using screens, which I think is a big mistake with our OLs over the years.

Screen passes are very difficult when you don’t really threaten a defense downfield. They can all sit near the line of scrimmage with their eyes in the backfield.

Reactions: eastbaycat99
Screen passes are very difficult when you don’t really threaten a defense downfield. They can all sit near the line of scrimmage with their eyes in the backfield.
.... which is the exciting thing about Bryant this year. With him, we are starting to develop a more vertical passing game. Hope he is ok.

Sarcasm aside, this might work because the opposing DL wouldn't notice that our guys were just letting them through

Any one know? Is this Bryant's only year at NU?
Should be. This is his sixth year in college football and he has played every year although 2018 he may have only played in 1 game. The only guys I've seen getting a 7th "COVID year" had missed a season due to injury.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT