ADVERTISEMENT

Utah 2nd half drive chart

ricko654321

Nov 15, 2006
I’d say this is a defense that embraced the nasty weather and took control of the game (with help from great opportunistic offensive execution).

Utah second half drives:
Plays / Yards / Outcome...
1. 4 / 12 / Int
2. 3 / -4 / Punt
3. 8 / 51 / Fumble Return TD
4. 3 / 29 / Fumble Lost
5. 3 / 0 / Punt
6. 3 / 17 / Int
7. 7 / 21 / Turnover on Downs
8. 1 / 0 / Fumble Lost
9. 2 / 18 / End of Game

Reactions: Hungry Jack
I’d say this is a defense that embraced the nasty weather and took control of the game (with help from great opportunistic offensive execution).

Utah second half drives:
Plays / Yards / Outcome...
1. 4 / 12 / Int
2. 3 / -4 / Punt
3. 8 / 51 / Fumble Return TD
4. 3 / 29 / Fumble Lost
5. 3 / 0 / Punt
6. 3 / 17 / Int
7. 7 / 21 / Turnover on Downs
8. 1 / 0 / Fumble Lost
9. 2 / 18 / End of Game

We should just do that on D all the time!

It’s impossible to overstate how important Gaz-to-McGee-to-TD was. I won’t say a Utah TD there puts the game away - but it sure takes the wind out of NU’s sails.

Still up 3 midway through the 3rd quarter, Utah had already lost.

On the play, Shelley had one guy in mind - he only looked left, and Newsome had him locked down. Gaz actually stumbled/got shoved down off the snap, but recovered, and was on Shelley in a flash. The LT didn’t finish the block, and Gaz did the rest. (The LT was awarded with a futile 40-yard chase before he gave up.)

https://es.pn/2Vmrxxq

Last edited:
Reactions: ricko654321
It’s impossible to overstate how important Gaz-to-McGee-to-TD was. I won’t say a Utah TD there puts the game away - but it sure takes the wind out of NU’s sails.

Still up 3 midway through the 3rd quarter, Utah had already lost.

On the play, Shelley had one guy in mind - he only looked left, and Newsome had him locked down. Gaz actually stumbled/got shoved down off the snap, but recovered, and was on Shelley in a flash. The LT didn’t finish the block, and Gaz did the rest. (The LT was awarded with a futile 40-yard chase before he gave up.)

https://es.pn/2Vmrxxq
I think they had been cut blocking on Gaz all day and he adapted and on that play he hopped and pushed down that cut block and kept on going.......great play

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT