ADVERTISEMENT

Very strange play from today's UTEP game.

FeralFelidae

Sep 1, 2003
Earlier this season, UTEP had a 100-yard touchdown return by a defensive lineman, they won their first ever game in the Eastern Time Zone, and now this. It has been a strange season. A player blocks a point after with his helmet, which knocks his helmet off. He runs towards the ball for a couple of seconds, then throws his hands up and gets out of the way, then his teammate scoops up the ball and returns it for 2 points. Then the refs talk about it for a few minutes, then throw a flag on him because he "participated" in the play after his helmet came off. The 2 points are waived off and FAU got to re-kick the PAT again to tie the game up.

Being a UTEP fan, I watched this live at the same time as I was watching NU's 4th quarter. I was not a happy camper, but thankfully UTEP managed to score a field goal at the end of the game to win.

Earlier this season, UTEP had a 100-yard touchdown return by a defensive lineman, they won their first ever game in the Eastern Time Zone, and now this. It has been a strange season. A player blocks a point after with his helmet, which knocks his helmet off. He runs towards the ball for a couple of seconds, then throws his hands up and gets out of the way, then his teammate scoops up the ball and returns it for 2 points. Then the refs talk about it for a few minutes, then throw a flag on him because he "participated" in the play after his helmet came off. The 2 points are waived off and FAU got to re-kick the PAT again to tie the game up.

Being a UTEP fan, I watched this live at the same time as I was watching NU's 4th quarter. I was not a happy camper, but thankfully UTEP managed to score a field goal at the end of the game to win.
What a terrible call, and how does the helmet being knocked off negate the lock as well?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT