ADVERTISEMENT

Vic Law tonight?

I hope he's sitting this one out. We don't need him today, we do need him Friday, and more importantly it seems unlikely that a concussion can heal in 3 days.

Well, it IS his Birthday....

DRa29QSUMAAa-q3.jpg:large

Reactions: Kat burglar
He must of passed some sort of concussion protocol to even be in the arena, so that is a decent sign for Friday.

He must of passed some sort of concussion protocol to even be in the arena, so that is a decent sign for Friday.
Collins simply said in the post-game interview Vic had a concussion, was feeling better, but was not medically cleared to play. They are "hopeful" he will be cleared Friday.

If the college protocols are anything like high school (I sure hope they are), it's a multiple step process to come back from a concussion. Symptoms vary widely. Once a player is cleared to return to physical activity, that doesn't mean she or he immediately goes in a game.

Day 1 would be limited physical activity - riding a bike, for example, or light jogging. Maybe in basketball some shooting. If that goes OK, day 2 could be limited participation in some drills, non contact. Etc.

Coming back from a concussion and playing in a game one week later would not be typical. I will be surprised if Law plays, and very concerned for his heath if he does.

Agravating/re-injuring an existing concussion has life altering consequences. I hope NU is smart, and more concerned for Law's health than one college basketball game.

Agravating/re-injuring an existing concussion has life altering consequences. I hope NU is smart, and more concerned for Law's health than one college basketball game.

Particularly one which they are very unlikely to win even if Vic plays. Let him rest until Nebraska 2 January.

This is the thing that was not widely understood for a long time. It is not the first blow to the head that causes the worst damage, it's the one that comes next if the brain has not fully healed.

Love Mac to death, but that's not a matchup I'd feel great about.

Doesn't look good on paper, but I bet Coach Collins has more than a few ideas that he's going to test out against Young. We're going to miss Vic at both ends of the floor. I hope Falzon starts hitting his threes. We need someone to get hot on offense.

Doesn't look good on paper, but I bet Coach Collins has more than a few ideas that he's going to test out against Young. We're going to miss Vic at both ends of the floor. I hope Falzon starts hitting his threes. We need someone to get hot on offense.
I would be surprised if Law doesn't play. Maybe not the minutes he's used to but if he was cleared to fly, thinking that says a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT