ADVERTISEMENT

Visits on the calendar

freewillie07

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2017
Haywood's post got me excited. I don't have anything in the way of inside info, but I was interested to see these visits marked by 247Sports. I assume there are other visits lined up that are not publicly reported.

Jared Jones: Sept. 14 (his first visit, followed by Georgia, Minnesota and Mississippi State)
Yavuz Gultekin: Oct. 12 (his first visit, followed by Minnesota, TCU and Nebraska)

Getting those two guys on board would go a LONG WAY to making me feel better about the state of this recruiting class. Would allow Collins to just concentrate all his effort on finding another lead guard. I hope the coaches can seal the deal with the new arena and get Jones and Gultekin to shut down their recruitment after visiting Evanston.

Haywood's post got me excited. I don't have anything in the way of inside info, but I was interested to see these visits marked by 247Sports. I assume there are other visits lined up that are not publicly reported.

Jared Jones: Sept. 14 (his first visit, followed by Georgia, Minnesota and Mississippi State)
Yavuz Gultekin: Oct. 12 (his first visit, followed by Minnesota, TCU and Nebraska)

Getting those two guys on board would go a LONG WAY to making me feel better about the state of this recruiting class. Would allow Collins to just concentrate all his effort on finding another lead guard. I hope the coaches can seal the deal with the new arena and get Jones and Gultekin to shut down their recruitment after visiting Evanston.

Heck, get one of those guys that weekend and recruiting probably gets easier. Feels like the first good get is that huge coefficient of static friction that we are struggling against.

Heck, get one of those guys that weekend and recruiting probably gets easier. Feels like the first good get is that huge coefficient of static friction that we are struggling against.

Jones will have in-home visits with a handful of schools before he takes his first official visit, to NU. There's a good chance he'll know he likes NU more than the others by that time. I wouldn't knock a kid for taking all the OVs he can, but it would be great for him to start the class off early if he knows NU is for him.

Jones will have in-home visits with a handful of schools before he takes his first official visit, to NU. There's a good chance he'll know he likes NU more than the others by that time. I wouldn't knock a kid for taking all the OVs he can, but it would be great for him to start the class off early if he knows NU is for him.

Rivals profile says he had offers from UNC and UVA. Is that accurate???

Rivals profile says he had offers from UNC and UVA. Is that accurate???

I believe he was a guy that was recruited heavily as a Sophomore in high school by all the big boys, but some backed off a little bit when he didn't develop as much as they had hoped. Still a great get for NU, but I think the early interest/offers from the blue bloods cooled off a little, so some of those early offers may have been pulled by this point.

I believe he was a guy that was recruited heavily as a Sophomore in high school by all the big boys, but some backed off a little bit when he didn't develop as much as they had hoped. Still a great get for NU, but I think the early interest/offers from the blue bloods cooled off a little, so some of those early offers may have been pulled by this point.

Based on the magic of Google with the help of the Chicago Tribune, his recruiting trajectory seems to have been halted by a knee injury and then it restarted when he recovered. Here is a story following a offer from South Carolina.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...carolina/usc-recruiting/article217281785.html.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT