ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Casey Simmons!

CC continues to prove he has what it takes to recruit which may be the biggest factor in current NCAA hoops. Now he just needs to meld the talent into a team that produces more wins in conference.

That pretty much says it all. Recruiting well above average for what one could expect at NU. Talent management capability TBD.

Class of 2021 looking, on paper, like, arguably, best ever.

Reactions: Inovacat
CC continues to prove he has what it takes to recruit which may be the biggest factor in current NCAA hoops. Now he just needs to meld the talent into a team that produces more wins in conference.
The 2021-22 team will have 5 of the 6 all-time highest rated commits per 247: Nance, Simmons, Beran, Kopp and Roper (Vic was #3). Recruiting vector definitely up.

[Note however that the top recruits also includes Falzon (7), Abrahamson (10), Fruendt (12) and Benson (15) so ratings don't always translate to high performance careers.....]

Coming off last season, this class is growing into quite a statement about CC-and-staff's ability to recruit. I know the two heavyweights are inclined to wait until November, but they've got to like NU's incoming talent. Here's hoping they start to see what the others see and commit earlier. The roster is filling up! A happy problem!

The 2021-22 team will have 5 of the 6 all-time highest rated commits per 247: Nance, Simmons, Beran, Kopp and Roper (Vic was #3). Recruiting vector definitely up.

[Note however that the top recruits also includes Falzon (7), Abrahamson (10), Fruendt (12) and Benson (15) so ratings don't always translate to high performance careers.....]
Right, but it helps. Hit rate for “Big Ten caliber starter” is higher in Top 100 recruits than guys ranked outside the Top 150.

Agreed. I was looking at that last night and was cracking a smile at some of the names in the back half of the list. Ash and Greer were top 25...

We need a few more kids like pardon who make big development strides while on campus and have huge heart/work ethic.

Agreed. I was looking at that last night and was cracking a smile at some of the names in the back half of the list. Ash and Greer were top 25...

We need a few more kids like pardon who make big development strides while on campus and have huge heart/work ethic.

I felt Pardon was more underrated (overshadowed by a 5-star in HS) than a result of strong development, though Pardon developed nicely at NU.

Reactions: HawkCat and GOUNUII
I really like this commit. I feel like he's just what the roster needed in the 21 class after Roper and Brooks committed. Obviously, it'd be great to still get PBJ and/or Christie, but you have great pieces coming with this class regardless now.

Now developing all this talent and getting them to play cohesively and at a consistently high level is the next order of business.

Reactions: NUCat320
We're doomed. Collins is a bad coach. He should be fired.
.... oh wait. That was 3 months ago... my bad. \sarcasm

CS is supposedly one of the better athletes on the EC.

If his skill level can match that, the sky's the limit for the kid.

I felt Pardon was more underrated (overshadowed by a 5-star in HS) than a result of strong development, though Pardon developed nicely at NU.

Yeah, always felt that DP was underrated due to his shorter stature than the norm for playing the 5, where his reach and athleticism wasn't adequately taken into account.

There's a nice article on CS, his recruitment and commitment in the Daily ( tough for me to link the article right now, so would appreciate it if someone could link it).

For those who don't know already, spent his early childhood in Chicago and would listen to his pops talk about NU BB (not in a good way).

Reactions: Katatonic
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT