ADVERTISEMENT

What’s the crowd expectation tomorrow ?

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
Last year, I got three seats for NU-GaTech for $12 each, buying on VividSeats the night before. Second-row balcony, center court.

Today, similar seats for GaTech-NU (a few rows back, sideline, 200 level) are as low as $2, with lots of quantity.

The GaTech crowd venue was half-empty. I hope Welsh-Ryan is better tomorrow.

(I expect a smaller crowd today than I would have expected a month ago. I hope I’m wrong.)

The students are in Reading Week, right?

Last year, I got three seats for NU-GaTech for $12 each, buying on VividSeats the night before. Second-row balcony, center court.

Today, similar seats for GaTech-NU (a few rows back, sideline, 200 level) are as low as $2, with lots of quantity.

(I expect a smaller crowd today than I would have expected a month ago. I hope I’m wrong.)

Reading week is next week.

1,500 in attendance. Maybe 2,000.
Close to 1,000 seats available on stubhub for dirt cheap but nothing selling.
This confirms that willycat was wrong.

Btw, tickets are overpriced on nusports.com.
$22 + $12 fee + $7 for will call = $41 Upper level grade 6. Better to just go to tickpick and pick up better seats for $5

Last edited:
We usually get a solid crowd, in both size and enthusiasm, for the ACC game. Two years ago we hosted Wake Forest and had a listed attendance of 6,386. I remember the crowd being pretty into it for that game that we needed to pull out, and did. The 8pm tip isn't great, though that WF game was also at 8pm. Anyway, I expect a much better crowd tonight than we've seen so far this season.

Reactions: NUCat320
1,500 in attendance. Maybe 2,000.
Close to 1,000 seats available on stubhub for dirt cheap but nothing selling.
This confirms that willycat was wrong.

Btw, tickets are overpriced on nusports.com.
$22 + $12 fee + $7 for will call = $41 Upper level grade 6. Better to just go to tickpick and pick up better seats for $5
Guess I'll admit that I was totally wrong. That will happen when the next re-do W-R seats 2,500.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Students providing their own transportation to Lucas Oil were directed to pick up their CCG tickets starting at 6:45 at WRA (presumably first come first serve for the best seats), so hopefully that will add to the typical student attendance. Smart move by the ticket office.

Tickpick has no fees and center court seats in sec 219 for $3.
Not much demand so Willycat cant complain about prices. Less than $5 for great seats.

Tickpick has no fees and center court seats in sec 219 for $3.
Not much demand so Willycat cant complain about prices. Less than $5 for great seats.
Thought the seating reduction was going to increase the need for tickets. $3, really.

Don't need any lectures from you. I'm sure I gone to more games, then you have even thought about going too.
Don't think I was lecturing...just saying you complain a lot about things that don't need to be complained about. And I'm sure the last sentence is true, but that's what happens when you have 30+ years longer of being alive. I'm assuming it'll even out, don't worry ;).

Don't think I was lecturing...just saying you complain a lot about things that don't need to be complained about. And I'm sure the last sentence is true, but that's what happens when you have 30+ years longer of being alive. I'm assuming it'll even out, don't worry ;).
Not so fast there, bucko. Willy lives on spleen juice and he's got an 80 year supply left.

Don't need any lectures from you. I'm sure I gone to more games, then you have even thought about going too.
it seems that the yearly seat license has made the seats too expensive for the lower bowl season ticket holders so they have to sell them.
The problem becomes that $5 ticket value needs 250 games to break even. The seats in front of me have been empty all year.

Good for you but why are you telling someone how they sound think or complain as you put it? Not very friendly.

Good for you but why are you telling someone how they sound think or complain as you put it? Not very friendly.
Well, I find that often people do not understand how they come off to other people. For example, people might think that they are making new points or levying valid criticisms about such things as arena capacity, but in fact they might just be repeating the same thing over and over again for years on end and that thing is just an unjustified complaint. Just trying to help out.

Well, I find that often people do not understand how they come off to other people. For example, people might think that they are making new points or levying valid criticisms about such things as arena capacity, but in fact they might just be repeating the same thing over and over again for years on end and that thing is just an unjustified complaint. Just trying to help out.
Gee in that case, thanks for your help.

Yahoo says that attendance was 6,378. That may be paid attendance and not who actually showed up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT