ADVERTISEMENT

What a sweet opportunity

PURPLE Book Cat

Gold Member
Sep 3, 2007
To end the season for Bert and Rantoul’s Big Ten team

404113852_10105273711297105_3024978203056968767_n.jpg

Last edited:
After the last two seasons of beatings at the hand of Bert while Fitz dallied with JON, it'll be sweet payback time and a great way to start off Braun's rivalry against the Pumpkins.

After the last two seasons of beatings at the hand of Bert while Fitz dallied with JON, it'll be sweet payback time and a great way to start off Braun's rivalry against the Pumpkins.
We have a good shot to win, but don’t take them for granted next week. They are talented and in theory motivated with a win needed for bowl eligibility .

Pure domination until JON showed up.

• Angry
Reactions: drewjin
Everything you want in a football game: rivalry, bad blood and about equal talent to end the regular season.

NU will surely be dogs, so you gotta like our chances.

We have a good shot to win, but don’t take them for granted next week. They are talented and in theory motivated with a win needed for bowl eligibility .
Yep. That's why PBC said "opportunity ". They are as good as we are. Who wants it more?

Reactions: rmndcat
Yeah I think we're all expecting to see a desperate Illinois team.

Question to me is what we look like, so far Braun has impressed me with how he's kept the team motivated and pushing for wins despite the ups and downs of the season. Wouldn't be a surprise if he can keep the team's effort up for the rivalry game despite us not needing the win to the extent of Illinois' need.

Our defense has really impressed as the season has gone on though so if we keep it low scoring and close, feels like we can beat them regardless of their desperation.

Last edited:
I believe NU has a better defense than they have offense, and a better offense than their defense (only in that Illinois seems mistake prone). Mistakes, penalties and turnovers will likely decide the game.

Reactions: rmndcat and drewjin
Yeah I think we're all expecting to see a desperate Illinois team.

Question to me is what we look like, so far Braun has impressed me with how he's kept the team motivated and pushing for wins despite the ups and downs of the season. Wouldn't be a surprise if he can keep the team's effort up for the rivalry game despite us not needing the win to the extent of Illinois' need.

Our defense has really impressed as the season has gone on though so if we keep it low scoring and close, feels like we can beat them regardless of their desperation.
Not so much Sat. They stopped them when they had to but PU shot themselves in the foot plenty. Could have taken a couple FGs and it could have made things a lot more difficult

Reactions: drewjin
Not so much Sat. They stopped them when they had to but PU shot themselves in the foot plenty. Could have taken a couple FGs and it could have made things a lot more difficult
They looked like they had Braun Hire/Wisconsin hangover. Tracy threw us aside like wrapping paper. That said, they only gave up 15 points, which should nearly always be enough to win, especially when facing a team with a heretofore shite defense

He didn’t steal that slogan (good choice) but he did steal WIN(T)
The funny thing is, as big of a goober as Beckman was I always thought Fitz was sort of the same. All the “my email address is hashtag I don’t care” nonsense was always Beckman-esque.

Of course, they both got fired following allegations of player abuse that prompted internal investigations. So they’re probably even more alike than I thought at the time.

The funny thing is, as big of a goober as Beckman was I always thought Fitz was sort of the same. All the “my email address is hashtag I don’t care” nonsense was always Beckman-esque.

Of course, they both got fired following allegations of player abuse that prompted internal investigations. So they’re probably even more alike than I thought at the time.
Thanks for your insight, now go back to the Bert Boards and bitch about our stadium when the game is in Evanston and having to play this game without the student support when it is in Rantoul.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT