ADVERTISEMENT

What are the odds that Northwestern makes the final four this year?

I would say 1. In tourney- 99.99% 2. Top32-70% 3. Sweet 16- 40% 4. Elite 8- 20% 5. final 4- 5% 6. Championship game- 2% 7. National Champions- .5%. But then again, what were the chances of "the pass"? I am going to put NU in the Final Four for my brackets for work. Let's make some noise in the tourney! Bring on Duke!

I would say 1. In tourney- 99.99% 2. Top32-70% 3. Sweet 16- 40% 4. Elite 8- 20% 5. final 4- 5% 6. Championship game- 2% 7. National Champions- .5%. But then again, what were the chances of "the pass"? I am going to put NU in the Final Four for my brackets for work. Let's make some noise in the tourney! Bring on Duke!
That's decent guesswork if you are doing it off the top of your head.... reduce odds for 16/8/4 though I think.

Last I looked we are 250/1 to win it all. It was 300/1 before the Michigan game haha. My guess is a team like us would be about 30/1 to make the final 4... if we advance to a 7 rather than a 8/9 or get a favorable pairing with Gonzaga who the odds will dislike as usual rather than one of the other 1s that could improve.... if you are trying to place the bet in Vegas rather than online you'd get shittier odds than 3, maybe more like 15 or 20.

A 40% chance of beating a #1 or #2 seed in our second game? Let's don't get nuts. A chance, yes. A 40% chance? Realistically, no.

A 40% chance of beating a #1 or #2 seed in our second game? Let's don't get nuts. A chance, yes. A 40% chance? Realistically, no.
If Butler could do it two years in a row- why not us? All the higher seeds are vulnerable to scrappy teams like NU. We should have beaten Butler this year- we came down to the wire with them. If we get in the brackets with Gonzaga, I do think we have a good chance to beat them. Didn't VCU beat a #1 seed when they made it to the Final Four a few years ago? Remember that Coastal Florida team that made the run a few years back? That school's motto was "FEAR THE JACKRABBITS." Well, I think we are a dangerous team as well. Not many teams in the tourney will want to face us. This year- and especially next as well. If we don't go far this year, then next year we will truly show them who's boss.

If Butler could do it two years in a row- why not us? All the higher seeds are vulnerable to scrappy teams like NU. We should have beaten Butler this year- we came down to the wire with them. If we get in the brackets with Gonzaga, I do think we have a good chance to beat them. Didn't VCU beat a #1 seed when they made it to the Final Four a few years ago? Remember that Coastal Florida team that made the run a few years back? That school's motto was "FEAR THE JACKRABBITS." Well, I think we are a dangerous team as well. Not many teams in the tourney will want to face us. This year- and especially next as well. If we don't go far this year, then next year we will truly show them who's boss.
The Florida Gulf Coast Eagles had a motto of "Fear the Jackrabbits" ???? That's interesting.

If we're in a bracket to see a 2 seed, remember, a 2 seed has always lost by the 2nd round in every tournament.

Most brackets have us as a 8 or 9 seed. This should be a good match up with an equal team in the first round. I believe the chances of getting into the round of 32 is about 50%. The second game would then be against the number one, I'm thinking a 1 in 10 shot here which drops the cats odds for a sweet sixteen bid to 5%. If we get the sixteen the road gets a little easier. They would play the winner of the 5/12 vs 4/13 bracket. Odds for the elite eight would be about 2.5% and down to a 1% chance of reaching the final four. Then anything can happen. Of course a 7 or 10 seed would change everything so who really knows. The only thing I know for sure is the odds now are better than they have ever been. GO CATS!!!

Most brackets have us as a 8 or 9 seed. This should be a good match up with an equal team in the first round. I believe the chances of getting into the round of 32 is about 50%. The second game would then be against the number one, I'm thinking a 1 in 10 shot here which drops the cats odds for a sweet sixteen bid to 5%. If we get the sixteen the road gets a little easier. They would play the winner of the 5/12 vs 4/13 bracket. Odds for the elite eight would be about 2.5% and down to a 1% chance of reaching the final four. Then anything can happen. Of course a 7 or 10 seed would change everything so who really knows. The only thing I know for sure is the odds now are better than they have ever been. GO CATS!!!
Agree with this, except that I'd probably double our shot in the 2nd round and give us a 20 percent chance over a 1-seed.
Let's finish the season strong first. Maybe a really nice performance today could make me re-think that too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT