ADVERTISEMENT

What do we have to do?

The difference now is McCall is gone. Under Jake, Jefferson is still around but hurt. Jake singled out Washington in camp as one to watch but then he got hurt and decided to transfer. The football factories will snap up the burners who are also tall. Kirtz showed some promise with a couple of long catches. Maybe he can be a playmaker moving forward.

We’ve tried a lot of undersized WRs. Vault, Jefferson, Washington, Jelani Roberts, etc. so many passes just outside their outstretched arms. We need bigger targets that can fight for the ball. I’m hoping that GHP and Dennis are those guys and we can pick up more soon.

The difference now is McCall is gone. Under Jake, Jefferson is still around but hurt. Jake singled out Washington in camp as one to watch but then he got hurt and decided to transfer. The football factories will snap up the burners who are also tall. Kirtz showed some promise with a couple of long catches. Maybe he can be a playmaker moving forward.

I mean, sure, Ohio State will get the absolute best receivers, but you look at the rest of the All Big Ten team and it's Indiana, Minnesota, Purdue and Penn State. NU competes with all of those schools for recruits at other positions, and wins. Just need something to turn the tide. I'm hoping Coach Jake's past successes and the overall trajectory of the program will be the catalyst.

Reactions: zeek55
I mean, sure, Ohio State will get the absolute best receivers, but you look at the rest of the All Big Ten team and it's Indiana, Minnesota, Purdue and Penn State. NU competes with all of those schools for recruits at other positions, and wins. Just need something to turn the tide. I'm hoping Coach Jake's past successes and the overall trajectory of the program will be the catalyst.
Yeah, there's a bunch of those difference makers (WR/RBs) that go to programs like ours, just a matter of actually landing and developing one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT