ADVERTISEMENT

What I want to see tonight

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
1. Lindsey plays well
2. Law shoots well
3. Nobody gets hurt

Realistically, there is very little at stake tonight and in this tournament - perhaps a run to Sunday gets NU to the 7 line, and perhaps a loss tonight slips NU the 10 line.

Otherwise, it would appear that Gothics v. Grays next weekend is all that's at stake.

This is amazing.
Geez. I'm bored going into the BTT. Wowsers.

The BTT is still great theater - especially when the conference is as unusually balanced as it is this year. Heck, even the "meaningless" opening games produced an OT game and an upset. And it's nice as hell, for once, to enjoy our game without knowing we'd need a couple of longshot wins to even get in the bubble discussion. Sit back and enjoy, my man.

Reactions: ColumbusCatFan1
Sure, very little is at stake, but it's a chance for us to see our Cats at least one more time before the Big Dance. This feeling of impending accomplishment is the best feeling there is in sports. I think it's even better than the accomplishment itself. Treasure these BTT games the way you treasured the Cubs games of late last September and the football Cats game in West Lafayette in 1995. We'll never feel exactly this way about our basketball Cats again.

I want to see us go in with the attitude that every game is must win. Get our NCAAT mindset up and running. A loss tonight would be extremely disappointing.

Right. While we fans can sit back and talk about locks, bubbles, seeds, and bid thieves, I want to see the team playing with a sense of urgency. In reality, I would say a loss tonight would drop NU to a 10th seed, which could mean Indianapolis, an easier second round, etc., but I want them playing like they want to play in that same game - but as a seventh seed. And if they keep winning, they're thinking about a six then.

And please, nobody get hurt.

Reactions: VirginiaWildcat
The BTT is still great theater - especially when the conference is as unusually balanced as it is this year. Heck, even the "meaningless" opening games produced an OT game and an upset. And it's nice as hell, for once, to enjoy our game without knowing we'd need a couple of longshot wins to even get in the bubble discussion. Sit back and enjoy, my man.
That's basically what I'm doing. I want to see them play well, and I won't be broken up if go-for-broke Rutgers gets a win.

Sure, I want us to win against RU tonite. What I want to see more is us beating Maryland and that Mellow Fellow. He has broken our hearts about five times over the past three years. He scored like what 34 points last time we played them- with like 20 assists? CC has almost needed to go to the psych ward after some of the heartbreakers! I want Coach K's advice to CC to play true. That is, NU will beat Maryland when our young players become upper-classmen. Well, now would be a great time to win! I know you can't look past RU. Believe me- the scare the crap out of me. But oh my! How sweet it would be to beat that talented point guard for Maryland for the first time in like forever!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT