ADVERTISEMENT

What up with our last possession of the halves? We stink on that

Turk

May 29, 2001
Blacklisted by Fitz
So anyways, when the shot clock is off at the end of the half or at the end of the game, we blow. Instead of calling a timeout, Collins allows Bmac to just hold on to the ball for the entire time minus the last 4-6 seconds. At that time, it's usually a clear out where Bmac usually takes and misses a shot. Other times, it's still a panic mode and we get some sorta desperation shot off. Either way it looks like the ole pickup games in any hood. We just aren't any good and have no real plays called.

No coach is perfect but Collins needs to do better on this. We lost two games already this year due to not finishing on the last possession.

BC was a lousy recruiter but one thing he did was call a timeout. Allow his players to breathe, figure out what they wanted to do, etc. and he was a master at the right play after a TO or last second.

We have to figure this out and I think Collins needs to start considering calling a darn TO.

Bmac is better NOT taking that last shot. We need to revert back to when Bmac and Demps were both here. Demps had ice in his veins, Bmac doesn't and his legs are mostly spent by the end of the game. That's my perspective anyways. Not sure I'm right, but I know it needs fixed somehow.

So anyways, when the shot clock is off at the end of the half or at the end of the game, we blow. Instead of calling a timeout, Collins allows Bmac to just hold on to the ball for the entire time minus the last 4-6 seconds. At that time, it's usually a clear out where Bmac usually takes and misses a shot. Other times, it's still a panic mode and we get some sorta desperation shot off. Either way it looks like the ole pickup games in any hood. We just aren't any good and have no real plays called.

No coach is perfect but Collins needs to do better on this. We lost two games already this year due to not finishing on the last possession.

BC was a lousy recruiter but one thing he did was call a timeout. Allow his players to breathe, figure out what they wanted to do, etc. and he was a master at the right play after a TO or last second.

We have to figure this out and I think Collins needs to start considering calling a darn TO.

Bmac is better NOT taking that last shot. We need to revert back to when Bmac and Demps were both here. Demps had ice in his veins, Bmac doesn't and his legs are mostly spent by the end of the game. That's my perspective anyways. Not sure I'm right, but I know it needs fixed somehow.

Forgot the Michigan game rather quickly, I see.

Actually had zero issues with the final possession. Was stunned that DePaul did not foul, and when they chose to not foul, the top priority was to bleed every last second off the clock. Pardon was absolutely mauled, but you don;t get that call at the end of games.

Forgot the Michigan game rather quickly, I see.

Actually had zero issues with the final possession. Was stunned that DePaul did not foul, and when they chose to not foul, the top priority was to bleed every last second off the clock. Pardon was absolutely mauled, but you don;t get that call at the end of games.
Give Scottie the ball! Or Vic!

I was wondering why a timeout wasn't called just before halftime to set something up. Think NU had 2 to burn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT