ADVERTISEMENT

What will we see Sunday?

SmellyCat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
It's hard to know at this point how good NU is. Before Scottie got sick, I think most of us thought we were pretty good, but apart from a few games here and there, like Iowa or the first half against DePaul, we still weren't clicking on all cylinders.

When Lindsey got hurt, the team was out of sync (Wisconsin notwithstanding), and by the time Lindsey returned, the pressure was enormous on the team. It showed.

Now that the pressure has seemingly lifted, we have this going for us Sunday:

1) Last game at old Welsh-Ryan
2) Last home game for Tap and Sanjay
3) Fans will be absolutely nuts
4) CBS in the house (I anticipate a feature where Grant Hill and Tap each try to recreate their famous passes and outdo each other).
5) Purdue has clinched its seeding so might take their foot off the pedal a lot
6) Double-bye is a possibility (though the Minnesota-Wisconsin game is after ours). NU can actually tie for third (though get seeded no higher than fourth) in the Big Ten

I say the Cats, playing loose for the first time in a month, play their best game of the Big Ten season Sunday.

Go Cats.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
It's hard to know at this point how good NU is. Before Scottie got sick, I think most of us thought we were pretty good, but apart from a few games here and there, like Iowa or the first half against DePaul, we still weren't clicking on all cylinders.

When Lindsey got hurt, the team was out of sync (Wisconsin notwithstanding), and by the time Lindsey returned, the pressure was enormous on the team. It showed.

Now that the pressure has seemingly lifted, we have this going for us Sunday:

1) Last game at old Welsh-Ryan
2) Last home game for Tap and Sanjay
3) Fans will be absolutely nuts
4) CBS in the house (I anticipate a feature where Grant Hill and Tap each try to recreate their famous passes and outdo each other).
5) Purdue has clinched its seeding so might take their foot off the pedal a lot
6) Double-bye is a possibility (though the Minnesota-Wisconsin game is after ours). NU can actually tie for third (though get seeded no higher than fourth) in the Big Ten

I say the Cats, playing loose for the first time in a month, play their best game of the Big Ten season Sunday.

Go Cats.
I agree. This game shaped up very well for us. We still are playing for something meaningful without the gorilla on our backs

I am hoping for a repeat of our Iowa performance to close the regular season, send the seniors out in style, and close down Welsh-Ryan in dramatic fashion as a symbolic gesture of the the end of the "Pre-Tournament" era and usher in a new, "Post-Tournament" basketball powerhouse!

My guess is that the team will want to redeem itself after the pounding it took in West Lafayette and give Sanjay and Tap a nice going away present. I also don't believe Purdue will rest starters. I'm looking for a very competitive game.

If CBS doesn't show a clip of Wednesday's last play back to back with a clip of Grant Hill connecting with Laettner, they need a new producer.

Reactions: SmellyCat
If CBS doesn't show a clip of Wednesday's last play back to back with a clip of Grant Hill connecting with Laettner, they need a new producer.
That's for sure. I figure both the clip and the recreation will occur.

We might see a tired Pardon and Tap after all their celebrating and being on the news.

< 3) Fans will be absolutely nuts >

Should be CRAZY.

Remember UM just beat these guys.

I know they're good, but they played an amazing game against us last time and I doubt they can do as well away from home.

Gonna be real close! Maybe down to the last 1.7 seconds!!!

GO CATS!!!

I think we're gonna see the loudest senior day curtain call for Nate Taphorn that we could have ever expected.

My guess is that the team will want to redeem itself after the pounding it took in West Lafayette and give Sanjay and Tap a nice going away present. I also don't believe Purdue will rest starters. I'm looking for a very competitive game.

I agree that Purdue probably won't rest people. With the B1G down somewhat this year, Purdue and all the rest of the potential tourney teams are playing for seeding, so I doubt any teams will take the last game off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT