ADVERTISEMENT

Who gets the #1 Jersey this year?

I vote for Matt Harris. He's fought through a lot. The injuries at Penn State last year and michigan this year. Would've thought his season would be done but he was back in a couple weeks. That's toughness.

I would also like to see Tom Hruby get it. If not, then Ben Johnson.

How long has Fitz done #1? I only remember Cisek and Chapman. Who else has worn it?

I love a pick like Harris, personally. All things represented by the number (attitude, work ethic, character, 'Ideal Wildcat'-ness, basically) being equal, I prefer the number be on the field. Chapman may have been the first where that was the case, though I truly don't remember.

How long has Fitz done #1? I only remember Cisek and Chapman. Who else has worn it?

I love a pick like Harris, personally. All things represented by the number (attitude, work ethic, character, 'Ideal Wildcat'-ness, basically) being equal, I prefer the number be on the field. Chapman may have been the first where that was the case, though I truly don't remember.
There was a walk on running back. Hanrahan?

Johnson actually gets it every year. But he then passes it on to another player of his choosing. The jersey is actually called "Big Johnson" nowadays.

I think Matt Harris has the Big Johnson this year.

Didn't Ben Johnson wear jersey #1B for two or three years? Then there was some debate as to whether he should switch to 2B, 2B or not 2B, that was the question

Isn't it for the player who was the "workout warrior" of th offseason? If so I'd prefer odenigbo get it. He needs to have a huge year for us next year

Didn't Fitz also say that it goes to a senior? I was thinking of suggesting Corey Acker as my second choice after Hruby, but I think that he will be a junior.
Corey Acker could be the first junior in Wildcat history to be known as "The Big Johnson." In his spare time, he reads ancient fairy tales written in Sanskrit to blind squirrels and works on a cure for the Zika virus. When his vaccine is approved by the FDA as expected (it is based on enzymes found in common cabbage), Acker will be a very wealthy man. But he plans to donate all the profits from his endeavor to repaving Sheridan Road and providing clean underwear to every child in Winnetka.

Corey Acker could be the first junior in Wildcat history to be known as "The Big Johnson." In his spare time, he reads ancient fairy tales written in Sanskrit to blind squirrels and works on a cure for the Zika virus. When his vaccine is approved by the FDA as expected (it is based on enzymes found in common cabbage), Acker will be a very wealthy man. But he plans to donate all the profits from his endeavor to repaving Sheridan Road and providing clean underwear to every child in Winnetka.
Could they also repave the west lot? Actually my choice would go to the most important player that needs to have a outstanding year.........Clayton Thorson.

Could they also repave the west lot? Actually my choice would go to the most important player that needs to have a outstanding year.........Clayton Thorson.

Funny you should bring that up, Willy. Your prayers may be answered...if the city of Evanston doesn't get in the way.

Rehab of West lot

Funny you should bring that up, Willy. Your prayers may be answered...if the city of Evanston doesn't get in the way.

Rehab of West lot
A university representative met with us in the lot last season and said that a re-paving plan was in the works. Didn't say anything about the lights, which would also be welcomed. Gee, doesn't Evanston just love the university.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT