ADVERTISEMENT

Who should the Wildcats schedule (future) OOC?

12375CAT

Feb 15, 2012
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png

One MAC team (I'd like to see us play NIU more but I know that we have more to lose in that).

One academic power peer (Stanford, ND, Duke, Vandy, Cal! Etc).

One regional recruiting matchup (eg Texas school, Georgia school, Florida school, Mid-Atlantic)

One MAC team (I'd like to see us play NIU more but I know that we have more to lose in that).

One academic power peer (Stanford, ND, Duke, Vandy, Cal! Etc).

One regional recruiting matchup (eg Texas school, Georgia school, Florida school, Mid-Atlantic)

I like the idea of a regional recruiting matchup. I wonder whether we gained any traction in TX with our games against Rice. Georgia Tech would be interesting and relatively evenly matched and could qualify as an academic peer. I think it would be fun to play Texas, which always seem beatable. Miami would be fun to beat.

I have always disliked cupcake OOC games, and am thrilled that they are now banished.

The only issue is a 12 game season means lots of injuries. With one major cupcake, there's an opportunity to bring in the 2nd-3rd stringers relatively early and save some of your most important pieces from risk. Of course, as New Hampshire taught us, nothing is guaranteed...

The only issue is a 12 game season means lots of injuries. With one major cupcake, there's an opportunity to bring in the 2nd-3rd stringers relatively early and save some of your most important pieces from risk. Of course, as New Hampshire taught us, nothing is guaranteed...
There is always Illinois, Rutgers and Purdue!

So Stanford, Notre Dame? Not Army. Definitely not Army.
Army still owes us a home game, I think, and with the need to get some teams in here without return visits, I would think we would cash that in at some point. Rice home and home was canceled because of the limitations of the new BIG schedule (need for 3 non-con homes in the alternate years where you're playing five BIGS on the road) but I think that is a good game for us in a prime recruiting area. NIU is a really good draw here.

Army still owes us a home game, I think, and with the need to get some teams in here without return visits, I would think we would cash that in at some point. Rice home and home was canceled because of the limitations of the new BIG schedule (need for 3 non-con homes in the alternate years where you're playing five BIGS on the road) but I think that is a good game for us in a prime recruiting area. NIU is a really good draw here.
NO LORD NO... NOT NIU NOT EVER

Northern is not even a good draw in DeKalb.

If you want to play a nice game in Miami let's play Florida International or Florida Atlantic instead. Easier games.

I think we should schedule an away every year. I would suggest visits to San Jose State, Tulane, Ohio U, Kent State, Rice, North Texas and Rice, GCG will say it is bad, but I want my team used to road trips. We will lose some games, but It helps with visibility.

I think we should schedule an away every year. I would suggest visits to San Jose State, Tulane, Ohio U, Kent State, Rice, North Texas and Rice, GCG will say it is bad, but I want my team used to road trips. We will lose some games, but It helps with visibility.
You said Rice twice.

You really think trips to any of those schools will help with visibility?

Tulane (haven't played in 60 yrs)
Baylor (never played them; Texas exposure)
FIU / FAU / USF / UCF (Florida exposure for recruiting)
K-State (to prove who the real purple Wildcats are)

You really think trips to any of those schools will help with visibility?
Sorry Feral that I typed Rice twice.

GCG, I think any trip is better than no trip. Recruits are in the South, Texas (do not consider it in the South), Ohio and Cal. Gotta go where the recruits are. If not these schools, then schedule better teams in those areas.

Oklahoma State last year went to Central Michigan, fell behind and then came and won. Did this make them the decent road team? Maybe, but as in most tasks in life, more experience helps. I am not saying it is the answer (see Michigan beating after Duke), but with no classes, I think it would be good exposure wise to recruits and team to leave town. With a 9 game B10 schedule, I would go to one those places when we have a major team at home.

Those teams stink. We better not lose to them on the road, at home or on the planet Mars.

Are you sure about the Rice games being cancelled? I had heard the rumors but not seen anything official on this. It would be a bummer. We had a big purple turnout here in Houston back in 2010 (had as many fans in the seats as Rice did, though that doesn't say much), and I know everyone would be stoked for another game in Texas. With the San Antonio and Houston bowl games no longer affiliated with the B1G, and with this Rice series possibly being off the books, the prospects of seeing Northwestern back here in Texas are getting slimmer...

You said Rice twice.
Rice is good if you are really hungry and want to eat a thousand of something.

Most of the big factory schools schedule cupcakes and I like cupcakes especially when we don't have a full contact scrimmage.

Reactions: Noah121
Definitely no to Ohio and Kent St. The others add nothing other than their in California and Texas Tulane probably in the same ballpark but hey, it's a road trip to New Orleans! If it's Texas, then play Houston or Rice and in California, how about San Diego St.. Many choices in Florida but Miami would be a pretty nice destination. In Ohio, I'd guess Cincinnati and if not Vandy then how about Memphis U?

Sorry Feral that I typed Rice twice.

GCG, I think any trip is better than no trip. Recruits are in the South, Texas (do not consider it in the South), Ohio and Cal. Gotta go where the recruits are. If not these schools, then schedule better teams in those areas.

Oklahoma State last year went to Central Michigan, fell behind and then came and won. Did this make them the decent road team? Maybe, but as in most tasks in life, more experience helps. I am not saying it is the answer (see Michigan beating after Duke), but with no classes, I think it would be good exposure wise to recruits and team to leave town. With a 9 game B10 schedule, I would go to one those places when we have a major team at home.

Why do we have to "go where the recruits are?"

Rice is good if you are really hungry and want to eat a thousand of something.

Most of the big factory schools schedule cupcakes and I like cupcakes especially when we don't have a full contact scrimmage.
We also like cup cakes(LOL!)

KU_zpstp4lvjug.png

Reactions: Noah121
If you want to play a nice game in Miami let's play Florida International or Florida Atlantic instead. Easier games.

Play south Florida teams in November. NU will DIE in the heat and humidity in September. I've seen it happen too many times watching the Dolphins and the "Canes play northern opponents in September and early October.

Tulane.

UNLV.

At Tulane and UNLV of course!

ha...I came here to say both of these. For me, destination cities is always the answer - we travel well. If we can compete against quality programs and/or "academic peers" - even better.

To that end, I'd also add Vandy back into the mix - great destination city and an easy trip from Chicago. At the risk of sounding overconfident, I believe we'd be favored in those games more than not, and at the risk of sounding like a stat whore, you know that turns into a "win over an SEC opponent" when talking about NU/B1G vs. P5 teams.

Reactions: Bwm57
@ Temple, Navy, UVA, Connecticut, ODU. I can drive to these easily :-0

Also more away games @ Rutgers, and U MD. Every year, preferably.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT