ADVERTISEMENT

Wilcox And Brohm

Figrating

Dec 19, 2007
Two new head coaches who have already shown they're ready.

Both Cal and Purdue seemed in deep trouble at the end of last season, but both showed great fight against the traditional powers they opposed Saturday.

Heavier lifting at Purdue. All of a sudden they're no longer door mats.

Purdue is improved (hard not to improve after last season), but wouldn't read too much into hanging with Michigan, imo. Having to go to a backup QB in game is never easy, but once the backup settled in Michigan pretty much dominated them.

Purdue is improved (hard not to improve after last season), but wouldn't read too much into hanging with Michigan, imo. Having to go to a backup QB in game is never easy, but once the backup settled in Michigan pretty much dominated them.

Before the backup, didn't things look pretty even?

Thought the shot on the UM QB that put him out of the game was questionable, too.

Michigan has more depth and eventually wore them out. Wolverines have an excellent defense that will probably be scary good in a year or two, but their running game was unimpressive most of the game and they lack breakout speed at receiver.

Both Cal and Purdue seemed in deep trouble at the end of last season, but both showed great fight against the traditional powers they opposed Saturday.

Brohm inherited a team that a 6-6 NU squad beat 45-17 last season and has them playing lights out. Coaching matters.

Reactions: NorthNJCatsfan
Before the backup, didn't things look pretty even?

Thought the shot on the UM QB that put him out of the game was questionable, too.

It was so early in the game, I don't recall. And a lot of games that are not evenly matched look even early. I never seriously doubted that Michigan would win the game.

But as I said, Purdue is certainly improved, they had nowhere to go but up. #62 in Sagarin now, would wager they were not in the top-100 this time last year.

And yeah, that was certainly the definition of hitting a defenseless player.

I was at Cal/SC game. It is hard to describe all the ways the Bears have changed from last year. There seems to be great position group game prep. Players and coaches are suddenly disciplined and business like, which is light years from the Dykes years.

I had thought of writing a comment along the lines of yours, Fig, but you sad it much more clearly than I could have. Thanks!

Reactions: Figrating
It was so early in the game, I don't recall. And a lot of games that are not evenly matched look even early. I never seriously doubted that Michigan would win the game.

But as I said, Purdue is certainly improved, they had nowhere to go but up. #62 in Sagarin now, would wager they were not in the top-100 this time last year.

And yeah, that was certainly the definition of hitting a defenseless player.
Think Purdue got to targeting penalties in that game. They will need to clean that up.

I was at Cal/SC game. It is hard to describe all the ways the Bears have changed from last year. There seems to be great position group game prep. Players and coaches are suddenly disciplined and business like, which is light years from the Dykes years.

I had thought of writing a comment along the lines of yours, Fig, but you sad it much more clearly than I could have. Thanks!

All included, EB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT