ADVERTISEMENT

With 3,905 career yards, JJ is now the new NU career rushing leader, correct?

This may be the only time in history that'll I'll have a similar opinion as Woolly Woodpecker when I say that I hope the marketing department doesn't jinx JJ's senior year with a preseason Heisman hype video. Of course whether they make one or not will have no bearing on the season except give more whining material to the sector of the fan base that eat that stuff up.

This may be the only time in history that'll I'll have a similar opinion as Woolly Woodpecker when I say that I hope the marketing department doesn't jinx JJ's senior year with a preseason Heisman hype video. Of course whether they make one or not will have no bearing on the season except give more whining material to the sector of the fan base that eat that stuff up.

+1. Just let it play out. Heisman winners typically come from teams competing for National Championships. JJTBC would be such a long shot that if it happened it would be because NU finally won the Big 10 West, and that in inself would bring enough notoriety that NU wouldn't need to spend a (BMac) dime on publicity. No "Persastrong" v2.0, please!

[Just look at recent history: Persa - injured. The Franchise - injured. Coffey - injured. BMac - slumping. Not good]

Reactions: DaCat
Woolly the Woodpecker?
Is that like the even older cartoon from the Ice Age, before he evolved into Woody the Woodpecker?

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Woolly the Woodpecker?
Is that like the even older cartoon from the Ice Age, before he evolved into Woody the Woodpecker?

Our local resident poster, He With Many Names, resurfaced as Wooderson earlier this year after failed stints as Shivas, Mr. Stupor, Stupider, and other countless handles over the years. He claims to have half of the board on ignore because he naturally attracts ridicule due to his brand of, shall we say, aggressive posting. But it's obvious he peeks because ignoring a lot of posters would be actually defeating his purpose for posting, and Glades compared his behavior to Woolly the Lamb who peeks from under his cover of wool. It's all in good fun and Woody hangs out here because he has an audience for his complaints. Ironically we as long-suffering Cats fans share many of the similar complaints but choose to be less grating and repetitive about them, while trying to be more realistic. I guess everyone has his own way of dealing with being a fan of The World's Most Interesting Team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT