ADVERTISEMENT

Women...

mikewebb68

Oct 24, 2009
Well, UIC showed up to play them tonight. They shoudn't have.

And honestly, I have no idea what the Flames doing tonight...if you watched and can clue me in, that would be great. Expected a bit more considering their new coach is a former assistant of Joe's, but, s just one example of their ineptness, they put on this ridiculous full court press where they guarded no one once the ball was advanced past 3/4's court, gave up easy bucket after easy bucket to us, yet remained in that press the entire first half.

87-44, and it wasn't even that close. Everyone played except Burton, who I guess was injured in practice, unfortunately. Hopefully, she will be back for the Florida game on Sunday as she will be needed. We had the 11th and 12 players in our rotation combine for 26 points, which should tell you all you need to know about this one. Just about an absolute a joke of a game as I have seen on either the men's or women's side in quite some time (though that may be approached by our men's game vs. a horrific Binghamton team tomorrow night...)

And honestly, I have no idea what the Flames doing tonight...if you watched and can clue me in, that would be great. Expected a bit more considering their new coach is a former assistant of Joe's, but, s just one example of their ineptness, they put on this ridiculous full court press where they guarded no one once the ball was advanced past 3/4's court, gave up easy bucket after easy bucket to us, yet remained in that press the entire first half.

87-44, and it wasn't even that close. Everyone played except Burton, who I guess was injured in practice, unfortunately. Hopefully, she will be back for the Florida game on Sunday as she will be needed. We had the 11th and 12 players in our rotation combine for 26 points, which should tell you all you need to know about this one. Just about an absolute a joke of a game as I have seen on either the men's or women's side in quite some time (though that may be approached by our men's game vs. a horrific Binghamton team tomorrow night...)

I'm pretty narrow minded but all I can think about is the DePaul women's game.

I'm pretty narrow minded but all I can think about is the DePaul women's game.

Believe we have an excellent shot based on their play and our play thus far. We already have a common opponent -- Green Bay-- who we narrowly beat on the road and they beat by 9 at home. We also benefit from then playing an even more brutal schedule than ours (the number 1 and 2 teams in the country? Seriously?) before they face us.

If you live up here in Connecticut, then you'd know that this is just another typical woman's bball game. Parity is improving, but not there yet.

If you live up here in Connecticut, then you'd know that this is just another typical woman's bball game. Parity is improving, but not there yet.
UConn WBB is on a different level from everyone else. Kind of the Bama football of women's hoops.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT