ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Basketball

techtim72

Gold Member
May 10, 2010
It is interesting how little traction women's basketball is getting on this site. It is obvious that both women's basketball and volleyball are gaining major traction nationally yet both teams are an after thought here. My take is Coach Joe missed on a few years of recruits and isn't getting the athletic and size types the team needs. Hate to say it but a 60 plus year old man with good but not great history isn't competitive recruiting wise. I don't know enough to make a comment on volleyball. It is a seriously competitive sport at the top and the Big Ten is dominant. Tough to break into that.

It is interesting how little traction women's basketball is getting on this site. It is obvious that both women's basketball and volleyball are gaining major traction nationally yet both teams are an after thought here. My take is Coach Joe missed on a few years of recruits and isn't getting the athletic and size types the team needs. Hate to say it but a 60 plus year old man with good but not great history isn't competitive recruiting wise. I don't know enough to make a comment on volleyball. It is a seriously competitive sport at the top and the Big Ten is dominant. Tough to break into that.
Agreed on basketball. Joe seems to be getting a pass that the men’s coaches never got. We got beat by 50 last night. I would think that the academic challenges are not as severe for the women’s program but could be wrong.

We have hit our peak. Time for a re-boot.
We need a young dynamic coach to take over and bring in some more athletic players and 3 point shooters. Walsh, in particular, is a huge problem for us this year. She's overweight and can't run the floor. She can't jump and her defense is terrible, which causes her to foul a lot. She is 6'3" but is frequently abused by Big Ten centers and forwards. We need all five of our starters to play great defense, run the floor and be able to make some threes, just like we did in the Veronica Burton era. Sadly, the Lady 'Cats are not going to win many Big Ten game this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT