ADVERTISEMENT

Women's BB

mikewebb68

Oct 24, 2009
Haven't seen an update here so I thought I would provide one. Have played a bit better than expected in what is clearly a rebuilding season. Wen't to a tournament where I fully expected them to go 0-3, but they beat a decent Auburn team and had a game against Georgetown stolen from them at the buzzer.

Would have bet the farm that they would not have a record better than the men at this point, but they stand at 5-2, with some of the freshman already becoming steady contributors and with Pallas finally playing at a level that was expected (arguably even exceeding it, current AVERAGING a double-double). It is possible that this team will not be the pushover they were expected to be in a much stronger BIG this year

We'll learn more when they travel to Syracuse tomorrow night. The Orange are undefeated and have already beaten Wisky. Not expecting a win, but if we keep it close vs. them, that will be quite a good sign...

Haven't seen an update here so I thought I would provide one. Have played a bit better than expected in what is clearly a rebuilding season. Wen't to a tournament where I fully expected them to go 0-3, but they beat a decent Auburn team and had a game against Georgetown stolen from them at the buzzer.

Would have bet the farm that they would not have a record better than the men at this point, but they stand at 5-2, with some of the freshman already becoming steady contributors and with Pallas finally playing at a level that was expected (arguably even exceeding it, current AVERAGING a double-double). It is possible that this team will not be the pushover they were expected to be in a much stronger BIG this year

We'll learn more when they travel to Syracuse tomorrow night. The Orange are undefeated and have already beaten Wisky. Not expecting a win, but if we keep it close vs. them, that will be quite a good sign...
Kinda partial to point guards. I enjoyed watching Carly Roeser and Ashley Deary; who should I be looking for on this year's squad?

Reactions: Noah121
Kinda partial to point guards. I enjoyed watching Carly Roeser and Ashley Deary; who should I be looking for on this year's squad?

Our point (technically a combo guard, but at 5'8" I see her primarily at point) is Jordan Hamilton a freshman who has been steady if not spectacular. However, our shooting guard is a standout; Lindsey Pulliam, the freshman that we somehow stole from Maryland (she's from College Park). Not as fast as Ashley (few are), but man can she shoot- inside, outside, on the drive, doesn't matter. Currently the Cats' leading scorer, and tonight she has a new career high of 19 points-- in the first half.

Cats' playing well right now vs. an undefeated Syracuse in the BIG/ACC challenge-- up 2 at halftime. You can catch the action streaming live on ESPN3/Watch ESPN. Below is my link, but it may be customized to me as a DirecTV user, there is a link from the nusports.com website as well if this doesn't work, if you click on "Watch" on the game listing on the Women's BBall scheudule.

http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/3198067/northwestern-vs-syracuse-w-basketball

Came close to handing Syracuse their first loss, but went down at the end, 81-74, thanks to Pulliam being saddled with her 4th foul early in the 4th on an absolutely ridiculous foul call (coach got a T later on on an even more ridic non-call). Despite being on the pine for a chunk of the 4th due to the foul trouble, Lindsey still ended up with 29 pojnts (new early career high) and 8 boards, just a monster game for the freshman.

Pallas had yet another double-double (she is averaging a double-double, like Nia Coffey did last year) wiht 12 pts and 14 boards. Unfortunately, Abi Scheid has a shooting night to forget, going 5-18; if she had made just a few of those buckets, we might have been able to pull out the wine. But overall, a strong a performance as a young team could have in a loss to an undefeated quality opponent on the road.

Reactions: Noah121
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT