ADVERTISEMENT

Would you rather beat Purdue...

Would you rather beat Purdue...

• On the recruiting front for Hunter Johnson

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • In Game 1 next season

Votes: 19 46.3%

• Total voters
I chose Johnson. I would rather win the war than a battle.

I'd rather win the game as it would indicate that we have a QB that can run a B1G offense. Plus it would increase NU's chances of winning the B1G while extending the nation's longest win streak.

Reactions: Medill '03
I'd rather win the game as it would indicate that we have a QB that can run a B1G offense. Plus it would increase NU's chances of winning the B1G while extending the nation's longest win streak.

I believe UCF has that honor by going undefeated last season.

I’d take Hunter Johnson. Game-changer for the program.

Especially if Thorson is not ready to go for Week 1, losing on the road in the Big Ten with a QB taking his first collegiate snaps is somewhat understandable.

I’d take Hunter Johnson. Game-changer for the program.

Especially if Thorson is not ready to go for Week 1, losing on the road in the Big Ten with a QB taking his first collegiate snaps is somewhat understandable.
HJ would be unavailable also for game 1.

I chose Johnson. I would rather win the war than a battle.
I am greedy. I want both but I am not content with just beating Purdue in recruiting Hunter but all other comers as well.

That opening game really has loss written all over it to me. Weird Thursday night conference road game, Thorson status very much in question, our terribly slow starts to the season the last two seasons...Hope I'm wrong of course, but I have zero good feelings about that game.

I prefer the trend where NU is on a winning streak and will keep winning or that NU has won the last four against Purdue, or NU always wins Thursday night battles (I have no idea if this is true, but I remember Fitz's first game as coach was a Thursday night in Oxford, OH).

I prefer the trend where NU is on a winning streak and will keep winning or that NU has won the last four against Purdue, or NU always wins Thursday night battles (I have no idea if this is true, but I remember Fitz's first game as coach was a Thursday night in Oxford, OH).

I like the positive thoughts! Don't forget the Thursday night opener from 2004 though- a game at TCU. NU missed five field goals (was that Huffman?) and lost by a field goal. On the positive side, Jonathan Fields was an unstoppable force in that game.

I swear I'm not trying to bring you down...;)

NU also beat NIU on a Thursday night to open the 2000 season. Those are the only Thursday night games I can remember Northwestern playing.

That opening game really has loss written all over it to me. Weird Thursday night conference road game, Thorson status very much in question, our terribly slow starts to the season the last two seasons...Hope I'm wrong of course, but I have zero good feelings about that game.
Say what?

I stated my honest opinion, and was wrong. Very glad to be wrong in this case. I've been wrong before and will be wrong many times again in the future. I can live with that.
As long as you are wrong in the right direction.

NU also beat NIU on a Thursday night to open the 2000 season. Those are the only Thursday night games I can remember Northwestern playing.

NU lost to TCU in double OT to kick off the season on Thurs, 9/3/04. Huffman missed 5 x FG's in that game, which is probably why your memory graciously wiped it from your consciousness.

I as well recall the Cats losing to the Rodents in a Thursday night game (@ Minny) in Oct of the 2002 season.

NU lost to TCU in double OT to kick off the season on Thurs, 9/3/04. Huffman missed 5 x FG's in that game, which is probably why your memory graciously wiped it from your consciousness.

I as well recall the Cats losing to the Rodents in a Thursday night game (@ Minny) in Oct of the 2002 season.

I was at the TCU game with Smithee, MizzouCat, and willycat.Wild and crazy night, over 1100 yards of offense, ball was flying around all over the place

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT