ADVERTISEMENT

Wrigley seating

nwucat

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2010
I’m going to be in Chicago next weekend and need to find a game ticket. Does anyone know where the NU season ticket or student sections are? (I’m planning to buy from StubHub but if anyone has a single ticket to unload, feel free to let me know.) Thanks!

Probably so. I would expect more NU fans on the first base/right field side since those are sideline views and were the most expensive tickets.
But having sat in those seats last time I felt there were better ones elsewhere. Not really a good place to watch a FB game at,.

Probably so. I would expect more NU fans on the first base/right field side since those are sideline views and were the most expensive tickets.
Hope the students show up to kind of limit what will surly be a pro-Iowa crowd.

I expect the students to show up big for this one. 230 start, Wrigleyville to enjoy on a Saturday night. There was a good student crowd for the Purdue game in 2021 which had an early start and for a team far less watchable,

Reactions: Pasadena Bound
You are right, of course. My error. Either way a lousy place to watch a game.
Ryan field with 20,000 fans is a lousy place to watch a game! At least this will be close to 40k and some energy in the stadium.

You are right, of course. My error. Either way a lousy place to watch a game.

Actually upper deck on 1st base side is outstanding place to watch a game. That was my location for IL & Purdue and will be my spot on Saturday

Actually upper deck on 1st base side is outstanding place to watch a game. That was my location for IL & Purdue and will be my spot on Saturday

Yeah, agreed - all 3 games there for me as well. And if you sit in the 400s it's much more affordable, though you run the risk of having a support column in your view.

Yeah, agreed - all 3 games there for me as well. And if you sit in the 400s it's much more affordable, though you run the risk of having a support column in your view.

Not if you're in the first row of the 400's 😉

Reactions: Styre
So is 227 within where NU put season ticket holders then? Any other sections known to be primarily NU? Much appreciated!

I expect the students to show up big for this one. 230 start, Wrigleyville to enjoy on a Saturday night. There was a good student crowd for the Purdue game in 2021 which had an early start and for a team far less watchable,
Expecting students to show up to anything is a mistake

They changed the layout after the Wrigley redesign, Sat there for IL, For Purdue it was down in about the 200 section same side. But not up high enough . This time going to bleachers which based on what I saw during Purdue game seemed like better location. ILL game was a happening. Purdue game had nothing going to it. It is hard to want to go to another, But IA I could at least get rid of some tickets.

Wrigley is a terrible place to watch a game. Sight lines are awful

So is 227 within where NU put season ticket holders then? Any other sections known to be primarily NU? Much appreciated!
We got ours yday in Section 327 (5 of us thus far). I think most of the RF side will have a decent portion of NU, though overall I expect the crowd to be 50/50 at best, probably majority Iowa.

Fwiw, if you are getting tickets now I would check the Cubs website. They are selling tickets in good sections in the 300 level RF (the best view for these games, IMO) for 150 + fees, while the NU ticket office is selling same sections at 250. The Cubs / Wrigley fees are egregious so the 150 ends up being 173 per ticket, but that's still less than the 250 buying through NU ticket office or the >200 + 20% fees buying on Stubhub.

Maybe Stubhub (or check TickPick, way less fees) prices will come down before gametime, but for now the supply is pretty thin on secondary market except in the crappy sections over in the LF corner. So I would recommend taking a look at the Cubs website to see if you can get better pricing for the area(s) you are interested in.

Reactions: nwucat
We got ours yday in Section 327 (5 of us thus far). I think most of the RF side will have a decent portion of NU, though overall I expect the crowd to be 50/50 at best, probably majority Iowa.

Fwiw, if you are getting tickets now I would check the Cubs website. They are selling tickets in good sections in the 300 level RF (the best view for these games, IMO) for 150 + fees, while the NU ticket office is selling same sections at 250. The Cubs / Wrigley fees are egregious so the 150 ends up being 173 per ticket, but that's still less than the 250 buying through NU ticket office or the >200 + 20% fees buying on Stubhub.

Maybe Stubhub (or check TickPick, way less fees) prices will come down before gametime, but for now the supply is pretty thin on secondary market except in the crappy sections over in the LF corner. So I would recommend taking a look at the Cubs website to see if you can get better pricing for the area(s) you are interested in.

From what I was able to determine when I was at NU Purdue game a couple years ago, looked like site lines from bleachers was pretty good so that is where I got tickets this year. (closer to 50 and high enough to get good view) Warmer weather so should be reasonable Also more in sun so should help making it more comfortable. Wrigley can get pretty uncomfortable in cold weather

Last edited:
Reactions: ricko654321
NU, in its wisdom, decided to charge students $50 for their (normally free) seats.
In 2021, students paid $20 for the Wrigley game.
The report I've gotten is "Nobody is going."
Maybe the freshmen and sophomores will turn up, but if the puny student turnout for the Maryland game is any indication, they won't.

It will be 80% Iowa fans at Wrigley.

• Sad
Reactions: hdhntr1
NU, in its wisdom, decided to charge students $50 for their (normally free) seats.
In 2021, students paid $20 for the Wrigley game.
The report I've gotten is "Nobody is going."
Maybe the freshmen and sophomores will turn up, but if the puny student turnout for the Maryland game is any indication, they won't.

It will be 80% Iowa fans at Wrigley.

Where did you here that??? I'm on the parents FB page. Student tix sold out very quickly. Parents are posting trying to scrape up tix for their kids.

Where did you here that??? I'm on the parents FB page. Student tix sold out very quickly. Parents are posting trying to scrape up tix for their kids.
Well thats interesting.
I get my info from my daughter, who is a senior at NU.
The "nobody is going" usually reflects the people in her social group and social media, but that has been a reliable barometer for the upperclassmen as a whole. She was a regular at NU basketball games when the number of students attending could be counted on 4 hands.

This could be a different scenario, with freshmen and sophomores wanting to go for the "novelty" of the Wrigley game.

Hopefully not student scalpers gouging fans of the Hawkeyes. I can see the $100+ offerings on the re-seller sites.

Wouldn't even consider going - one time in that doghouse was enough. I'll be much more comfortable in my lazy boy in front of my t.v. watching the 'Cats knock off the Hawks.

Reactions: triman
Is this the third or the fourth Wrigley game?

The first one — Mikel Leshoure and ‘loser walks’ and NU scoring in the wrong end zone and WatkinsTall was something. Circa…2014?

The second one I remember was Aidan O’Connell v. an awful team (led by our own Aidan?).

This appears to be our best chance at victory, unless I missed one.

It’s a tough one for students to get to. While there are gripes about Ryan being off-campus ish, Wrigley is definitely not walkable.

The first one — Mikel Leshoure and ‘loser walks’ and NU scoring in the wrong end zone and WatkinsTall was something. Circa…2014?

The second one I remember was Aidan O’Connell v. an awful team (led by our own Aidan?).

It’s a tough one for students to get to. While there are gripes about Ryan being off-campus ish, Wrigley is definitely not walkable.
Think this is the 3rd one. 2010 was the first, and 2020 was going to be second, but covid pushed that to 2021.

Actually, it’s a very easy game for students to attend. Hop on the el in Evanston and take it to the Wrigley Field stop. A no brainer.

Reactions: ricko654321
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT