ADVERTISEMENT

Writing a Book on the 1995 Season

ChappyCat

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2015
Michigan
Hey Cat Fans,
So I am letting the 'Cat out of the bag (bad pun intended) and some of you have learned that I am writing a book on the inspirational story of the 1995 Northwestern Wildcats football team. The book will focus not only on the amazing story of that team and the four-year preparation that went into earning that success, but more so the remarkable feat of that accomplishment and claims of why this was the BEST underdog story in modern American sports history, with comparisons and narratives made around that claim.

My efforts would benefit greatly from your input as Wildcat fans with interest in this subject. It should only take maybe five-ten minutes total. Click on the link below to complete the survey and I will divulge more details on the book as they come.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...kLjM4yMUQp-px3rNrprQcUwQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Also, if you could pass this link to ANY OTHER Wildcat- past or present; student or fan.

Thanks in advance! Fight for Vic-to-RY...

-Chappy Cat

OK, just completed your survey. For others who might need a refresher to answer one of your questions regarding players on the '95 Season Team, here are the names of the starting players in the Rose Bowl game itself from one of the T-Shirts of the time:

CLICK TO ENLARGE
IMG_0838_zpsfn1cggm1.jpg
IMG_0837_zpsj9blvsxt.jpg
IMG_0842_zpsyddha3vk.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Amcat and ChappyCat
Hey Cat Fans,
So I am letting the 'Cat out of the bag (bad pun intended) and some of you have learned that I am writing a book on the inspirational story of the 1995 Northwestern Wildcats football team. The book will focus not only on the amazing story of that team and the four-year preparation that went into earning that success, but more so the remarkable feat of that accomplishment and claims of why this was the BEST underdog story in modern American sports history, with comparisons and narratives made around that claim.

My efforts would benefit greatly from your input as Wildcat fans with interest in this subject. It should only take maybe five-ten minutes total. Click on the link below to complete the survey and I will divulge more details on the book as they come.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...kLjM4yMUQp-px3rNrprQcUwQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Also, if you could pass this link to ANY OTHER Wildcat- past or present; student or fan.

-Chappy Cat
Hi, can you please change it to "alumnus"? It sets my teeth on edge when it is used wrong. Sorry

Hey Cat Fans,

-Chappy Cat
I wrote seven books,all on Amazon, including top rated book in 2014 called Emotional Core Therapy. Use Createspace for self publishing. They are the best. Call anytime. Get a good editor.

Can you change the ending so they win the Rose Bowl?

In my survey response I reminded that Keyshawn Johnson was ruled ineligible and USC was required to vacate the win. I am sure, by extrapolating those facts along with a little editorial license, a case for the requested ending could be made. :)

Reactions: ChappyCat
You got it! Trust me I am working to get this done but I want to ensure it’s done right for that great team, the great University, and all the great Wildcat fans- second to none!

Hey Cat Fans,

-Chappy Cat

Love the idea but be careful not to use the survey too much. Successful books don’t flow from surveys.

Oh no worries. Honestly, the survey was more for Market Research to show that the topics and angles I am covering are also “wanted” items within a focus group. It helps to confirm that there is a niche that will desire the book. It also helps me to narrow down between a few topics that may need to be discriminated.

NU Rose Bowl,
I am hoping to get it published and rolled out by the end of the summer and into fall- prime time for good football reading on one of the most beloved teams ever (certainly in Cat land)
I'm definitely in, Chapster. Think you'll find a lot of takers on this board.

Reactions: ChappyCat
Considering it has now been 22 years since we have been back there it really goes to show what a huge accomplishment it was. They just came out of nowhere to go undefeated in conference play (in addition to beating ND) during a pretty strong era in the Big Ten.

I was in eighth grade. Went with my dad, uncle (former player) and another uncle. Rose Bowl is such a cool venue.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
I was in eighth grade. Went with my dad, uncle (former player) and another uncle. Rose Bowl is such a cool venue.

Hmmm..... I guess that means I was in twenty-third grade :eek:
Agreed, no better venue. Looking forward to seeing this great tome!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT