ADVERTISEMENT

WTEN - Match results overturned!

Weird. I assume their #2 beat NU's #1 and Sholo beat NU's #2. But if their #2 could beat NU's #1, couldn't she also easily beat NU's #2? Or were they worried that Sholo would lose AND their #2 would lose?

I checked the box score, and it must have been the latter. Sholo won her match 6-2, 6-1, but the NU #1 won her match 6-3/6-0. Badgers were frauds-scared of the NU #1, Maria Shusharina.

Weird. I assume their #2 beat NU's #1 and Sholo beat NU's #2. But if their #2 could beat NU's #1, couldn't she also easily beat NU's #2? Or were they worried that Sholo would lose AND their #2 would lose?

I checked the box score, and it must have been the latter. Sholo won her match 6-2, 6-1, but the NU #1 won her match 6-3/6-0. Badgers were frauds-scared of the NU #1, Maria Shusharina.

“Stacking”

Some random guy is quite upset about this perceived injustice to the Wisconsin team. He published the letter of protest he wrote to Gragg.

In this situation, I wonder why they consider it stacking. Both the Wisc #1 and #2 have similar UTRs and WTNs. By the numbers, they seem otherwise indistinguishable.

Last edited:
In this situation, I wonder why they consider it stacking. Both the Wisc #1 and #2 have similar UTRs and WTNs. By the numbers, they seem otherwise indistinguishable.
For a casual observer like me, it seems pretty cut and dried. Their #1 has been playing #1 all season, with a 11 game winning streak. Suddenly she is dropped to #2 for this match. Why?

Reactions: ricko654321
For a casual observer like me, it seems pretty cut and dried. Their #1 has been playing #1 all season, with a 11 game winning streak. Suddenly she is dropped to #2 for this match. Why?

the big ten protest committee who overturned the results agrees with your casual observation.

i don't have any experience with team tennis events so i don't know what's within the rules and what's not. my kids play USTA juniors tournaments where this isn't an issue. they deal with tons of line call cheating but not with stacking.

Some random guy is quite upset about this perceived injustice to the Wisconsin team. He published the letter of protest he wrote to Gragg.

Bet he gets the same response from Athletic Director Bragg as NU fans do to their inquiries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT